Dr. Nithya Ramamurthy @ Fortis Malal

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Aashima, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Aashima

Aashima New IL'ite

Has anyone consulted with Dr. Nithya Ramamurthy at Fortis Malar in Chennai? Can anyone share any feedback please.

2. argee

argee Senior IL'ite

Had the worst experience with her . I wanted to do a regular check up before we started to try and conceive . I didnt have any major problems . She had asked me to do blood work and she asked me to go in for HSG to see if my tubes are open . Her assistant ( who wasn't a doctor ) performed the HSG. She asked me to undress and I was made to lie in a table holding my legs under a bulb . The pain was horrible and u started screaming at one point ( I have a very high level of tolerance for pain) . She informed me that my cervix was small and that we need to operate it to make it bigger. I mean , what the hell . It's another story that apart from HSG fees they collected a separate amount as Dr's fees for HSG and the DR never performed the procedure .

She also prescribed me metformin because she assumed that I had pcos. Why did she assume that? Because I had some facial hair.The funniest part was she was prescribing metformin to another person over phone who had called her up got TTC reason .

I'm sorry if my post was rude but I had the most horrible experience with her. I showed my blood work and HSG reports to a doctor in US as well as another dr in India both of them asked me not to take metformin or perform the procedure to expand cervix .