can pue coconut oil be used as lubricant?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Rachna, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

hi ladies, i sometimes face vaginal dryness during IC. I dont want to use K-Y jelly or other gel and concerned abt their side effects. we are not at TTC. can pure/ virgin coconut oil be used as lubricant? is it safe?

2. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

Re: can pure coconut oil be used as lubricant?

sorry typing mistake...its pure coconut oil

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I wouldnt recommend coconut oil if you are ttcing .It might harm your chances.Rather try getting preseed,its safe and increases the chances of conception too as it mimics natural lubrication.If you are usually very dry down there i would recommend evening primrose oil,it does work wonders :)

4. Rachna

Rachna Gold IL'ite

thanks for reply jaden, i m not ttcing. i dont want to concieve, just wanted to check if coconut oil is safe down there. by the way, what is primrose oil? is it meant for the same purpose?

5. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Well i thought you are ttcing,since this is a fertility and ttc thread.Anyways EPO comes in tablet form and can be taken almost daily.This increases the cm.I would suggest you to use any lubrication available in the market.You can normally find this in health and glow stores.Also please drink enough water say around 2-3 litres daily.This also helps.