genital tb toll on health

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by memeera1234, Sep 26, 2014.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear IL's,

All those who know my TTC history know its been a tough one. It has taken a toll on my health. Its been more than 3 mths I have finished my tb medication ( for genital tb) but I feel I have not regained my lost energy. Until dec'2013, I was very active and vibrant. I had ample confidence in myself that I could do whatever I want to. I used to run around throughout the day with full josh and energy and still fell very good abt myself. But once the medications started, it literally squeezed me off all the energy. I discussed the same with doc..he said it may be due to high dosage of medication. He said the medicines are so strong that it is bound tp take its toll on overall health. He gave me some multivitamin tabs also. I finished the course in june'2014. But i feel I have yet not become my old self. I feel tired all the time. I still enjoy walking around but get tired very fast. Its like I have lost my stamina. I am still on vitamin tabs but feel its not working satisfactorily. Dont know what to do. When I tell DH, he laughs it off saying u feel weak from your mind not physically ( means I am cooking up things in my mind. Cant blame him either...I have never shied away from my duties and responsibilities. However down I felt, I have never given him a chance to complain or say theres nobody to take care of me and my house.. I have run the show quite satisfactorily I feel.

I pray nobody goes through such tough period but if anyone has already, please share your experiences as to how you handled yourself during and after your course of medication..

2. Catgol

Catgol Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry you will be alright very soon

1 person likes this.
  3. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Give yourself and your body some time to recover well. Eat right and do not over exert at one time. Having a positive frame of mind will help a lot :)

1 person likes this.
  4. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Hey meera,
    I know how frustrating and draining these health issues can be..especially when you are TTC, everything seems like a speed breaker. But, since evn I am in TTC phase, I can te;ll you one thing which I have been noticing off late and even trying to implement. More than physical illness, mental issues brings us down very much. There were times when every day morning I used to get up with a long face..no energy to cook, work, or do any of my daily activities. Dh helped me in this phase by not pushing me too hard and just being there silently for me.
    But a point came when I gave a serious thought..what am I doing to myself..and inturn to Dh and my family life.
    I started acting positive initially...and eventually..i felt much better...atleast it gave me a spirit to fight and look forward to future with hope.

All I wanted to tell you here is..try to be mentally happy..initially it might be forced feeling..but eventually it'll change. Mental happiness gives you energy to fight physical weakness!!

Hang in there..it's all goin to be good soon! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks rmuramka... will try to stay positive and happy from within my mind..hope as you said things turn better soon :)