blood tinged mucus discharge after periods

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by abinayamadhavan, Sep 5, 2014.

1. abinayamadhavan

abinayamadhavan Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My periods is regular. I am on thyroid hormone tablets(hypo). but no periods prob. But on july month, i got my periods normally. After periods stopped, from the very next day i got blood tinged mucus discharge with back pain. My doc advised to take iron and calcium supplements and after taking it for 4 days all problems stopped. Aug month was fine. Again this month, it stopped on monday(1st sept).from tuesday am getting very light blood tinged mucus discharge while wiping alone. I have moderate back pain as well. i am planning to take the iron and calcium supplements as well. is this something serious? hwo to correct this? i am insane as we are planning to have another baby now.. please throw some light positively, please

2. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi Abhinayamadhavan

After period discharge is common in some and in your case it is absolute fine as they stopped after taking calcium supplements.

Sometimes, your doc will be best judge, to analyse your situation and have trust on her.

may God bless you with baby dust.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

This sounds like light spotting. I would continue taking supplements as advised by your doctor, and also check with her about taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid. Wish you all the best.