Feedback about Dr Madhuri Patil

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by anishi, Sep 2, 2014.

1. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi anishi,
    On your first visit to her she will ask you to get blood tests done to baseline lh, fsh, amh, tsh, prolactin etc levels. The duration of the IUI cycle depends on whether she prescribes clomid or injectables. In a clomid cycle u go for a scan on d2 and take the table d2-d5 after which you have scans everyday or every alternate day based on how your follicles respond. Then its the hcg trigger and the iui procedure. The injectable cycles are more variable in length cause the dosage has to be monitored based on the follicle response.
    The IUI procedure itself was painless for me, I didn't experience any discomfort not even cramps. The most painful part is the 2ww and the long hours spent at the clinic! Regarding costs, the clomid cycle is typically 10k while the injectable cycle the cost depends on the dosage and number of injections u need. Hope this info helps!

2. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

hi ,
    I am going thru a cycle with her.i do feel what nikita stated is true.Iui does seem like a pretty simple procedure.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  3. wantmyangel

wantmyangel Silver IL'ite

Hi Anishi,

My experience with Dr. Madhuri Patil was not so good. That is the place where I was diagonised about my Premature ovarian failure. She straight away gave me 200mg dose of clomid and recommended me to try just one cycle of IUI and move to IVF with donor eggs if things donot materialise by then. Her approach was rude and agressive for me to handle.

@ Jaden, are you in bangalore? Its good to know that. Let me know if we can meet up. I will PM you today.

4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Anishi... I have been with Dr Madhuri Patil for more than 6 months now. During my infertility journey, I have had the opportunity to visit some of the doctors at Bangalore (Manisha Singh, Praveena Shenoy). After the search for over 2 years and with no doctor making sense of any of their diagnosis, I moved to Madhuri Patil. Yes, the reviews are mixed from most people, more on account of how you approach the treatment.

Madhuri Patil is very upfront and straight. Thats something a lot of people don't like, cause she does not sugar coat things. Again, like more other doctors, she isn't normally chatty, but if you are able to build your relationship with her, its a breeze through the entire process with her. A lot of women, with all their eagerness ask a ton of questions, sure thats okay, but beyond a point one needs to trust the doctor too. If you ask her information on the procedure, she explains it well...obviously if you ask why this medication and why this manufacturer, any doc will get pissed off.

Personally, my opinion of Manisha (fortis) and cloud nine doctors is very poor. They completely pawn you off, sweet talk you into coughing up money but never figure the core issue. With Madhuri, like jaden and niki said, she does a through search before she gives her opinion on the steps forward.

In my case, I had gone through 3 IUIs and 3 cycles of ovulation induction at Fortis, before I moved to Madhuri. After getting to her, we did find the crux of the issue, the DNA fragmentation for the sperm and was able to address it through the ICSI cycle. I had conceived in my first cycle of ICSI with her, though it led to a miscarriage due to other antibodies. Based on the differential, during the next cycle, she has proactively started off on the medication to counter the antibodies and its fingers crossed now.

My relationship with Dr Madhuri has been very good and considering her experience, the protocols adopted, etc. I would strongly recommend her to anyone purely on account of her experience, her ability to identify the problem and for those taking the IVF route, an excellent embryology team comprising of her husband and his team.

I do understand the challenge of staying on ORR, as I stay there too and it being a long drive to Bannergatta road. Yes, there are options like Motherhood, Gunasheela, Shakra etc in the vicinity, but considering the fact that you have had a miscrriage in the past, I would suggest that you visit Madhuri Patil and check your comfort level. End of the day, irrespective of the venue, the comfort with the doctor is what matters.

Relax and have some faith...things happen for a reason and always believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel. With that hope in your heart, things are bound to work!

I have seen many of her patients who have been turned away by other doctors after IVF and ICSI and come to her and conceive with a simple IUI. Quite a few of my friends have conceived successfully through her after a very long TTC journey.

Wantmyangel...am surprised that Doc asked you to adopt the donor eggs mode as I know that she doest usually recommend the donor mode unless all has failed. She is very particlar about this aspect, as she believes this can upset a woman considerably.

5. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    One of my cousin went there. she dint like it. Itseems Dr is very rude and too expensive for tests and consultation. You can go for one consultation and then decide. My opinion instead selecting a dr based on reviews its better you visit personally, see if you are comfortable. Write down all questions, ask dr, if everything is answered with patience and doubts are cleared then you can decide. One more suggestion ask your family dr for recommendation. Choosing a right dr is important. I am not saying dr should be friendly but def not rude.

6. anishi

anishi New IL'ite

I am reading a lot of conflicting news about Dr Madhuri.People who have taken treatments seems to talk good about her,and have got positives :).I would really love to hear more on people who have taken the treatment from her,or have at least visited her once.

7. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

Hi anishi/Ladies,

I have gone yesterday for first time visit to Dr. Maduri Patil clinic. After an hour waited, I got call inside and they looked my reports. She did scan too. As my 1 right tube is blocked, left tube is not strong she said to go for IVF. I am very much depressed. Past I had 3 IUIs before laproscopy and 2 IUIs but no success. I have asked her 2 more IUIs not possible? But she said if you want I can do but IVF I will suggest like that. Any one gone for IVF there? In IVF we have to take more hormones injections I have heard ? Without these can't we able to conceive?

8. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi waiting4rmlong,

Wanted to inform you that my treatment with Dr Madhuri was positive.I was refered by my friend who also go success with her.Dr is very straightforward and i completely believe in her protocol.The nurses there are extremely helpful.Have faith and trust her.If she has asked you to go for ivf i am sure thats the right way to go.People do normally find success within 3-4 cycles of IUI,others need to go the ivf way.
    With your tube condition i feel ivf is the best,other parameters being normal.Yes ivf is more invasive with a lot more hormone injections however the success rate is much higher than iui.

You can ping me personally if you have any more questions i shall be happy to reply and clear your doubts.