TTC and need info on thyroid

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by shruthim, Aug 27, 2014.

1. shruthim

shruthim New IL'ite

Hi friends just wondering how much role does hypothyroid have on conceiving process. we have been ttc and i am on regular medication for thyroid. Should i worry ?

2. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

Since you are already on medication, I don't think there is any reason to worry. I myself am on thyroid medicines since last 2 years. Am on TTC way too and as per my doc, since my levels are under control, it wont interfere in conception way.

Do keep monitoring your thyroid levels every 3 months and let know your doc from time to time.

All the best,

Meera

3. JigsSM

JigsSM Silver IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

Yes same as meera told, no need to worry much if your levels are under control. Take medicines regularly as doctor has suggested. And stay stress free :)

4. shruthim

shruthim New IL'ite

Thanks for replying :) ..

5. kvinde

kvinde Senior IL'ite

Hi Shruthi,

I'm too suffering from Hypothyroid and under Euthyrox(Levothyroxine) treatment which so far has helped to maintain the levels. My husband and I are TTCing. So far we have been unsuccessful owing to my Hypothyroid. Although my endocrinologist echoed your doc but my fertility doc said otherwise. She said that my irregular menstruation and fluttering ovulation is due to Hypothroidism despite it being under control (now). From what I have gathered on the internet Levothyroxine plays a subtle role in primary infertility. Otherwise a lot depends on your body. Every body is designed differently. What might apply to me might not necessarily apply to you regardless of our similar health issues. Hey not trying to scare you or something. Just sharing a piece of information.

Thyroid gland plays a vital role when it comes to comes to procreation. It has huge influence on other hormones like Oestrogen, progesterone, testosterone etc. Since you are TTCing it's better to have a word with your doctor rather than wondering why the conception is getting delayed. He or she might have a brilliant suggestion for you. Start taking folic and iron tablets. Stay away from junk foods and do some exercises. Loads of baby dust on you :)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  6. ShobanaRaksh

ShobanaRaksh New IL'ite

7. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Shruthi...thyroid plays a vital role in the hormone stabilisation and also more so in the implantation phase. This being the case, in most cases with some preventive steps like medicines and diet control can be managed well. What's important is that you follow your doctors advice without missing your medication. Best wishes!