My TTC journey

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by memeera1234, Aug 14, 2014.

1. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a ton god2014... You don't know how good I felt after reading your post especially the first 2 lines. As I write this post, I have tears in my eyes... tears of joy!!!

As your name goes, hope these words turn out to be words from god himself!!! :) :)

Cheers,
    Meera

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Meera....Totally understand your pain and feel for you. I had a long TTC journey and suffered a miscarriage in my first cycle of ICSI. Remember, negativity will not help solve the issue and pressure for sure will only mess things up.

I think the most important thing you should do is confide in your husband and get him to be a touch more supportive...especially while dealing with your inlaws and relatives. Based on what I see above, I guess you haven't gone a detailed sperm analysis with survival and DNA fragmentation. Through my journey...till early this year, I thought I was the problem...but on doing thhe detailed tests on my husband, we were able to identify the core of the issue. Yes, its tough on guys, but thats the reality...Society brings us up to think the problem is only the woman.

In my case, I had a tough time with my in laws..but after they got to know about my hubby issue, they have backed off on their comments etc.

Relax and keep the faith...things have its own way of working out....do whatever is within your control....the rest ...God knows how to take care of :)

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Dear Op,

I am there with you.Not only me but i know several ladies here do understand what you are going through.Believe me when i say,forget about expectations from others.The society is as such that the taunts never stop.Trust me even if you have a kid,they will taunt you about the next one whether or not you want the same.
    But comming to the point,you need to know that wanting a baby is your desire.Yours alone.Rest you dont need to fulfill expectations of anyone incl your inlaws.The decision to have a baby is a beautiful decision between you and your hubby.The more people are involved in this decision,the more difficult its gonna get,and lets not talk about the stress factor.
    Get hold of a good docter,and check out both the parameters ,yours and your hubbys.Like winnie stated,there are new tests like sperm survival,dna fragmentation,hsg,which mite help you to reach the core problem.Never ever involve anyone else who dont really understand or care about what you are going through.
    I am not very religious but i feel prayers help you learn your innermost feelings and desires .There is a right time for everything,and things will fall in its place in due time.
    Good luck ahead!!!

4. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Winipooh and Jaden for all the feel good words. Certainly a positivity booster..

Thanks
    Meera

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  5. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear WiniPooh,

The tests that you have mentioned in your posts are new ones?? Am asking because I have heard abt these for the first time. Did your doc suggest it to you or you researched on the net and found? Now since a problem is detected, did he suggest any treatment for the same?? I went for an IUI cycle last mth and in the sperm analysis report of my husband, everything came normal. He had a good count and motility also was very good. Infact my doc asked him whether he was interested in sperm donation. Didnt find anything like the names mentioned by you in the reports. Are these tests case specific? I mean are they done seperately when need arises?

Sorry to bother you with so many questions. Its just out of curiousity to know if I am missing out on something vital.

Thanks,

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  6. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi Meera,

I can speak about the DNA Fragmentation.The normal Sperm Analysis cannot never find this out.
    DNA fragmentation is the separation or breaking of DNA strands into pieces. It can be intentional by laboratory personnel or the cells, or it can be spontaneous. Spontaneous or accidental DNA fragmentation is fragmentation that gradually accumulates in a cell. It can be measured by e.g. Comet assay.
    The normal Sperm Analysis can never find it out.Your husbands sperm may have the best motility and good numbers,but it can still be defective.I would suggest to read and educate yourself regarding the same.
    The good news here is that it can be still bought down with lifestyle changes,like incl fresh veggies,leafies and antioxidents.I have read a lot of posts where they have been bought down and successful pregnancies have been achieved with ivf plus icsi.

1 person likes this.
  7. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Jaden for the inputs.. Will ask doc abt the test when dh is not around..:)QUOTE=jaden;3376829]Hi Meera,

I can speak about the DNA Fragmentation.The normal Sperm Analysis cannot never find this out.
    DNA fragmentation is the separation or breaking of DNA strands into pieces. It can be intentional by laboratory personnel or the cells, or it can be spontaneous. Spontaneous or accidental DNA fragmentation is fragmentation that gradually accumulates in a cell. It can be measured by e.g. Comet assay.
    The normal Sperm Analysis can never find it out.Your husbands sperm may have the best motility and good numbers,but it can still be defective.I would suggest to read and educate yourself regarding the same.
    The good news here is that it can be still bought down with lifestyle changes,like incl fresh veggies,leafies and antioxidents.I have read a lot of posts where they have been bought down and successful pregnancies have been achieved with ivf plus icsi.[/QUOTE]

8. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Thanks Jaden for the inputs.. Will ask doc abt the test when dh is not around..:)

9. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

how much could be the cost of it .. also seems it will detect any cases of illness right

10. memeera1234

memeera1234 Gold IL'ite

Dear all,
    Yesterday as per scheduled appointment consulted the doc. He suggested a few medicines and told me not to make haste since its just been 2 mths since recovery from genital tb which is a very chronic disease in itself. He has prescribed the below medicines :

1.tab m2-tone twice daily for 2 mths
    2.Ovigyn DSR ( this is to improve amh levels he said)- one daily for 3 mths

Anybody have some idea abt these medicines?? Has it been effective in your case?? Pls let know