Need help for clomoid

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by soujanya825, Aug 10, 2014.

1. soujanya825

soujanya825 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am trying for pregency from past 2.6 yrs and no luck yet. Iam having PCOS right from the day one i got my first periods and now iam going through treatment in UK.
    Doctor did put me on clomoid 50 mg started off in July and to my surprise i got my next period 29 days cycle now iam taking my 2nd dose but not sure how we can increase chances of pregnency.

Please suggest me some tips...

Thanks,
    Soujanya

2. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Clomid helps in increasing the chance of pregnancy, during ovulation clomid helps in releasing more fertile eggs which when fused with sperm results in forming a baby or a zygote in scientific term.. Ic during this time increses the chance of pregnacy, so go as per your gyneac advice, you will soon be blessed with a baby.. Best wishes...

3. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Soujanya,

Clomid helps in producing multiple follicles. Did you went in for an ultrasound to check the number and size of the follicles ? Also were you able to ovulate on your own ? As with PCOS it's difficult to ovulate on our own. So do take HCG shot to support ovulation and if required take progrestrone pills to support your 2WW.

Good luck dear

4. soujanya825

Thanks for the reply during my first course i have gone for internal scan and the doc confirmed that i have for sure released egg . But finally i got my periods.

I think iam ovulating and sure i will follow your suggestions Luck..

Thanks,
    Soujanya

5. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,
    Soon you will be blessed with preg,have hope.. i too had pcos ,took clomid for 2 cycles no result,in 3 time got positive and used progestrone too..have folicular test,you will have sufficient info..
    Try to have healthy diet,if you are overweight try to reduce 10% ...

6. soujanya825

Thank you so much it really gave me positive vibe. But how do i ask in Gp for Folicular test iam currently in UK.

Thanks,
    Souji

7. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Folicular test is like they will let us know ,when folicile is ruptured exactly,then within 24 hrs you will have high chances to get preg...if this is not possible,you can assume ovulation date and try for best..Goodluck

8. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Soujanya,

If it's not possible to go in for a follicular check as per the hospital norms (as per UK ) then do use OPK to check when you are ovulating . But it is always best to go in for an follicular study to know when you are ovulating and is the endometric thickness is sufficient . Do talk to your gynic in your next visit dear .

Good luck

9. soujanya825

Yeah thanks for the reply i will try to check with my Gynic.

10. ShobanaRaksh

ShobanaRaksh New IL'ite

Hi ladies ,
    I am new to IL . I want some guide from you ppl. Actually i am married for 4 yrs but wid no luck.I am in NY. I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid and did HSG test in May 2014.still i have not conceived yet. Doc suggested me with Clomid but my husband is not allowing me to take .So pls suggest me about Clomid and also can i take progesterone tablets woithout doctors advice?

Waiting for ur reply :)