TTC story to make you feel good...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by anika987, Aug 5, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

2 sessions clomids,8 IUI and 3 IVF.
    Was ttc for 4 and half years..
    No job,No kids,No good friends.
    How does the above sound?

I am sure some might feel saddenned,some surprised.
    However,will u believe NONE of the above affected me?
    Well just kidding.I was affected by people trying to keep telling me to find a job and not waste time or try to party since I did not keep friends.I was NOT AFFECTED by ttc.

How did I do it?
    I BELIEVED.I was sure I will conceive but do not know when.Worst comes,I had 2 back up plans...

1) Adopt a chid
    else
    2) start a career,earn money and travel the world.

Coming back to TTC, After the clomid sessions failed,we tried IUI's.Quite a process,but pregnancy never happenned.Even when it did,it did not stay.something was wrong.Did 8 sessions which took a long time.

Then came the IVF..

Lots of injections,monitoring,still failed.finally conceived through 3rd IVF (reason I had a chromosome problem).
    IVF is not easy.A huge process,lots of time needed,lots of medicines and injections.

When I was TTC,there were "Sweet" Ladies who would pry and try to demoralize me. I told myself I will never let anyone see me weak or upset as I do not deserve to feel that way. I would not care coz again,I BELIEVED I will conceive.More than me,I DID BELIEVE in the almighty.

One important thing,
    Every IVF makes you gain weight.I gained 9 to 10 lbs each time..

To those people who get disappointed with that,

I am a gym freak and I was advised no vigourous exercises and too many conditions.Imagine to stop doing something you love! I still did not care and I wanted to fight it out.I had a good diet,did walking,mild exercises and made sure I kept my weight in check.After all,I deserved to look and feel good:)
    I also do not think about ttc 24/7 but do everything which makes me feel good.I was JUST BEING MYSELF.

In a nutshell,

1) IVF is nothing to be ashamed of.It is just a process.that's all.
    2) TRUST in yourself and the almighty.NO matter what the problem is there can be a solution or else have a back up plan.
    3) U need not give up on yourself nor should u.I see many girls depressed,gaining weight and upset and stressed. You girls deserve the best and FIGHT IT OUT.
    4) Mental strength is important.Do whatever it takes for you to feel good.You need to feel good from the inside. look good from the outside.it will give you confidence.

Now,after all the pain..I am a mom to a beautiful baby gal.Not all IVF results in twins and not all twin moms went through IVF.Although I secretly admit,I would have been in 7th heaven if I had twins:)
    I am now back to my original size and yes I do not have a tummy since I worked crazy hard for it.If I can do it, anyone can!

I wish the above post would make you feel better
    All the very best and everything will be AWESOME very soon!Baby dust to you!
    POSITIVE WORDS = POSITIVE MIND =POSITIVE FEELINGS = POSITIVE ENERGY

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    44 people like this.

2. mrithulanaren

mrithulanaren Gold IL'ite

Thanks for your vibrating post. very glad to know that you and your baby doll are doing fine.
    kudos to your inner strength of being strong as well as showed strong before others who make fun of your cond.
    after 4 yrs of TTC, started with bcp for my first IVF. really you post came in time to boost me as well as thanks for the positive vibes.

-mrithula

1 person likes this.
  3. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

:wowMany congratulations for your effort, hard work, determination.. Lesson for not just baby dust but for life too.. Happy motherhood....:party

1 person likes this.
  4. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

:bananacongrats on ur lil angel!!! watz her name?
    enjoy ur moments hope we too get a chance to share like this
    Happy to see a post like this friendssmiley
    really it gives some hope when am totally lost
    so much courage :thumbsup,Admiring u!!!
    hope i too get this courage

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

You dont believe what your post did to me.
    Well..it MADE my day for the starters!!

We are just 1 nd half years into TTC journey...taking treatment for Male Factor. But, I did do all that you mentioned not to......Quit FB..(couldn't stand those family pics and all the koochi koos), Stopped working out.....forgot about healthy diet. I completely started concentrating on dh...giving him fruits..nuts..sprouts..pushing him to workout..keeping up his spirits..(while my spirits still go wavy and i run into d bathroom..shed all the tears i can..wash my face and get out looking normal again).Until..my period started alerting me...i missed one in April..with a -ve...and again one in Jul again with a -ve. Had to take a scan..and now probably meds to regularise it. DUH!!!

All said and done...theres one thing common btwn U and Me. Even I BELIEVE that i will conceive. I am worried..tensed...depressed everything..but in the end..I KNOW and BELIEVE that I'll Conceive. Also..when I pray daily..i somehow have a feeling..he is making great plans for me...but it's just that..he feels I am way to strong than I actually am..and is testing me a lil more!!

But...thanks again for a wonderful post....
    I BELIEVE...yes I DO!!:thumbsup

10 people like this.
  6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anithra,

Hats off to you for your positiveness..:hatsoff

Nominating your post for the Finest post of this month.. Its really a lot lot lot positive.. Sure you will inspire hundreds of women who read this!

2 people like this.
  7. vasumathi89

vasumathi89 Silver IL'ite

hugs to u.. you are the " iron lady "...:bowdown

1 person likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks guys:) I know and understand how hard it is during ttc.So many posts about it and felt I should do something about it.So,wanted to share my story and am very glad it is making people happy:)

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anithra,

First of all, Congratulations on being nominated to FP of the month for this post by Preethiitech!!

I am so glad that she did bring this post to FP forum. I feel it has to be read by all the young ladies just to understand what being positive is all about! Even an old me can only feel optimism when reading about how a young lady under enormous mental and physical stress has decided to laugh and be happy, come what may! And look what all that positive attitude has brought you! A little angel who fulfils all your dreams of motherhood!

Reading your story and what you say about maintaining happiness and hope in the face of doubt and trouble, the following words come to my mind:

“If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it's not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.”
    Dalai Lama XIV

L, Kamla

2 people like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thanks a lot preethi:) sweet of u to nominate my post

1 person likes this.