Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by rmuramka, Jul 28, 2014.

1. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Hello All,
    A quick recap of my present status.
    Did not get my periods in April. -ve hpt and beta hcg. My doc gave me progestrone tabls and i got my periods on may 9th. I wanted to observe the next pattern of my cycle. I got it again on Jun 10th. So I assumed it was probably falling in place. Again I did not get it yet in Jul. I did a beta hcg and got -ve :(. So Consulted my doc today. I asked her for a scan to know whats goin on inside. So after an internal scan she told me, I had two un-ruptured follicles due to which I did not get my periods.

So, now she again put me on progestrone tabls for 10 days (10mg daily one). She asked me to get a blood test done on D2 of my cycle (fsh, tsh, amh etc). I had gotten them done around Oct last year and everything was well within range. So , now ...after the tablets complete, and i get my cycle, I should get the tests done on day 2 of my cycle.

Please find below few of my apprehensions..and pls give your insight on it.

1. What causes a follicle not to rupture?

2. Can we have IC during the time I am taking tablets to induce my periods (not that i am desperate to have it, but just dont want to mess up something, incase we are not supposed to)

3. Is it common to have unruptured follicles..or is it a matter of concern?

We are TTC for close to 2 years now. So for whole of 1 year I had a regular cycle. Not sure why again in April I missed it and again now? Wonder what caused this mess up again :(.

Waiting for your insights on this!!

Thanks Again,
    Shilpa

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shilpa,

Can understand your fear . Better to find a remedy and solve it soon to bring a normal cycle. My reply to your query is below.

3. rmuramka

rmuramka Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot luckwaves! Your inputs are sure helpful!

last year I was put on unnecessary medication (fertyl super, hcg shots etc)by my doc, which all was too early for me since I was only looking for periods regularization. That threw my health upside down. I stopped all the medications and changed the doc. Eventually, my periods regularized on its own and it was good since the past one year. Wonder what happened all of a sudden!

Lets hope.its nothing serious and I get my Ps back P :)

Thanks Again for taking time!

4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shilpa,

Try some fertility yoga to cleanse your body . As yoga always helps to regularise your cycle and it helped me too. Give a try and stay happy dear . Soon everything will go fine .

Good luck dear