Missed periods - need help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by daksh, Jul 28, 2014.

1. daksh

daksh Silver IL'ite

My periods have always been fairly regular, I am 32, have a 7 year old. I have been noting down my periods since last november as we wanted to plan for the second baby in late 2014. My periods history:

November 2013 - 1st
    December 2013 - 7th (delayed by a week as I was down with flu for 5 days??)
    January 2014 - 4th
    February 2014 - 3rd
    February 2014 - 26th (I dont know what happened, why ended up having period twice in the same month)

April 6th 2014
    May 6th 2014
    June 1st 2014

No periods after June 1st, I am worried this has never happened to me missing a period for the whole month. And I was extremely stressed at work for two weeks in June to the extent of thinking about quitting the job because of office politics. It definitely took a toll on me.
    I took pregnancy test twice, one in second week of July and another one third week of July, both negative. We did have unprotected xxx, but watching the dates and pulling out. I have never been on any sort of contraceptives in my 10 years of marriage, never had any accident with this method so far.
    I guess the stress caused anovulation and thats why no periods. I have my appointment with PCP next week to find out whats going on.

I wanted to know if short term stress would delay the ovulation or will it stop the ovulation altogether. And if it is anovulatory cycle, will I not get the periods at all that month.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Daksh,

Yes stress will cause abnormality in your cycle but I don't think that will be reason for annovulatory cycle. Do some basic hormonal test to find the delay dear . With annovulatory cycle too you will get periods max in 35 days . So better to get it tested at the earliest .

Take care dear.