PCOS - Trying to concieve need help please

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by soujanya825, Jul 15, 2014.

1. soujanya825

soujanya825 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Soujanya iam currently in UK. I have irregular periods problem right from the 2nd time i got my periods initially. I have consulted few docters back in india before marriage. The only thing they suggested is weight loss. Now its 3 yrs in our marriage and still waiting to get pregnent. This makes me so stresses that iam increasing my weight and loosing my temper regularly. I fell as though its last of the world. I used to be 64kgs previously but now it has goon to 84 which is really becoming difficult to reduce.

I have gone thought few treatments back in india but none has worked. Now iam currently in UK and going through NHS for treatment. But its like time taking process and these poeple take this serious only when iam 35. I am also crossing my 30.

Just a worse situation..

Can someone please give me suggestions to come out of this issue..

Souji

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Souji,
    You should take weight loss seriously. Join some weight loss club and work out through proper food planning and exercises. That will help you in regulating your periods. Your self interest in weight loss only can help you succeed in your TTC part. Until your routes are clear for treatments, try weight loss seriously.
    Once your BMI comes to the right range, corresponding hormones will try to stabilize that will control the monthly cycle and bring it under control! Once your cycles are regular, ovulation and other stuffs will be regular. With proper medical support, you can conceive soon!
    Weight loss is the key to you! Try it out! All the best!
    Baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  3. SujataMohanty

SujataMohanty New IL'ite

Hi Souji,

Plz consult your doctor and tell her about the medicines my doctor has prescribed me. I am sure your doctor will,definitely put you on APCOD and OVAFLOW for 3 months. Else if you can come to Bhubaneswar and contact my doctor then that will be too good for you. Just let me know.

4. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

Hello Friend,

Weight generally reduces the chance of conception as the penetration in to the uterus would be difficult, also as you told irregular periods then that would also be a cause for concern..
    1. De stress yourself
    2. Join a gym or swimming class
    3. Refreshments needed for you
    4. Reduce weight, exercise
    5. Don't worry

If you can find a way by doing things above you will see success in your pregnancy, never lose hope... best of luck:cool2:

5. soujanya825

Thank you for the positive vibe...

I have joined GYM started doing 30 min of exercise everyday.... Hope i will be okk...

6. soujanya825

Just a quick question i have been doing GYM for 2 months i do 5 days a week with 35-40 min work out but still see that iam putting on weight i have already reduced intake to junk food. And limiting my food to chapati's is there any other suggestion for my weight increase..

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Try oats or fiber and protein rich foods.
    Eat more vegetables, fruits & greens. That should help you...

8. sapnasundari

sapnasundari New IL'ite

hi souji

I am a new member with IL. I see u have posted this thread long time ago .. how r u now.

I am also diagnosed of PCOS and its too depressing...I need some positive vibe from people or i will definitely go into depression.

9. Harithag

Harithag Gold IL'ite

I really know what you are going thru.
    I was not obese,but still I had PCOS. Before getting married,i was on course of medications for 6 months and then I had regular periods for an year, got married and later my periods got messed up when I had an accident.i went on to become pregnant after using ovulation inducing drugs and follicular study for 2 months.After my delivery ,my periods were never irregular and Im pregnant again without medical help.

i have noticed that my cycle changes when I skipped breakfast or had lots of sweets.

So try not to skip breakfast,exercise regularly or walking for 30 mins,cut down sugar and take a course of medications for PCOS.

These are the ones really helped me and above all don't stress yourselves for getting pregnant.Take of your health first and then get ready for pregnancy.

10. soujanya825

Hi Sapna,

I can really understand the phase you are in currently and iam in the same phase from past 3 yrs. Still no luck:eek:mg:. The best i can tell you is stay calm and relaxed and njoy your time it will surely happen one day that's my motto.

Try doing some yoga they are few asanas for PCOS problems.

All the best

REgards,
    SOujanya