pain in the lower abdomen

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sowmyjana, Jul 8, 2014.

1. sowmyjana

sowmyjana New IL'ite

Hi everyone,
    Hope all is well☺☺.
    I have been getting I sharp pain in the lower abdomen (left side).
    I ovulated on 4.7.14 . I usually get this pain in the abdomen on the day of ovulation but that doesnt last for more than a day. This months it's quite strange since ive been getting this pain now for almost 4 to 5 days past ovulation. Though it is not severe im worried about this since im actively ttc.
    The pain gets sharp when I sit, stand , walk and also while passing urine.
    Have any one of u had such an experience before. pls tell me if its normal to have this pain several days past ovulation . Should i wait to see if the pain subsides.

Thanks and regards
    , Sowmya

2. dasikajl

dasikajl Gold IL'ite

Hi sowmya,
    I am mother of 2 kids
    one of my friends used to face this kind of pain during the ovulation period ie;14 ,15
    and sometimes she used to face this kind of pain for 5days continuously
    but she faced this problem after her first delivery and her doctor said it ok and common to get pain during this period for few

but i feel never take a chance if the pain is accurate

All the best

3. sowmyjana

sowmyjana New IL'ite

Hi Dasikajl,
    Thanks for the reply. Yes one of my friend told that she usually gets ovulation pain
    For a week. I'm little concerned becoz this is the first time the pain is prolonged for 5 days.
    Waiting to see if it turning out to be normal.
    Thanks again.

4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sowmyjana,

abdominal pain around ovulation time is quite normal but having it more than 5 days is something you better discuss with your gynic once dear . I wish and pray it turns normal but do inform your doctor .

good luck

5. mini1

mini1 Bronze IL'ite

@sowjanya
    i have abdominal pain during ovulation. It usually lasts for 3-4 days with peak on day 2 and 3. I have consulted 3 gynaec who have confirmed it's quite normal and nothing to worry about...