Slightly different IVF protocol this time.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by amicably, Jun 19, 2014.

1. god2014

god2014 Gold IL'ite

You will soon be blessed with a baby, you had been patient these many days please continue for few more days until you achieve your dream. Next year you will be a baby. Generally letrozol siphene letrovol even clomid would be given, these usually help in producing fertile eggs during ovulation.
    Check thyroid levels after conception as its must..

2. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Forgot to mention, I did get a positive in my 3rd cycle, but there was no heart beat in the 10th week. So it was a miss. No positives before or after that till date :(

What exercises are good to increase blood flow to pelvic region?
    Is accupunture good during IVF? Should I consider that option in my forthcoming ER and ET?

3. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

thanks for ur good words god2014. it keeps me going :)

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amicably,
    Its nothing wrong to give your body enough rest before the EC and ET.

May be you can give this time to build healthy body. Eat good, exercise well and keep the weight under control. Keep the sugar levels under good control as well. These will help with pregnancy a lot!

I have read acupuncture helped baby with IVF success. If you could find some good acupuncturist, you can give it a try. Nothing wrong in it!

I used to respond very high to Clomid, little low with Letroz and fairly decent with injections. Different people respond to these medications in different way. I feel like all those heavy medications reduced my ovarian reserve when i went to the last IVF. Its better to get limited response as its better for our health!

All must be happening for some reason. Lets hope its for good!
    Take care.

5. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy.
    I am thinking about acupuncture, yoga etc since I didnt get any success just with IVF and medicines. In my case neither medicines nor the prayers are working. :(

6. Vasumathy

Try everything! One fine day something have to turn positive for you!
    Believe in yourself! Don't get stressed.
    I have heard stories where people have conceived after 11+ years without medical support as well. Just healthy diet & belief in them made the success. My wait & struggle paused in 6+ years. Yours will be too!
    All the best.

1 person likes this.
  7. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

8. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Back again..

I haven't got my AF yet, its 1 day past a month now. Usually I get approx. 4 days early.. but this time I haven't yet got. I was put on Clomiphene (clomid) from day2 to day 7. But then doc advised to discontinue as it wasn't helping in follicular growth. Since then I am not taking any medicine except Stimugest 3 times a day that is a DHEA supplement.

Since last one week I am getting I am getting AF symptoms like leg pain, cramping in abdomen, feeling slightly heavy in abdomen. I was suppose to start a natural IVF cycle for ER once my AF starts.. so just waiting for my AF.

What can be the reason for delay.. is it coz of the clomiphene? I don't think its coz of DHEA as I have been taking it since 3 months now and hvnt had issue of delayed periods. Rather it used to be 4-5 early.

What could be the reason? Should I consult my doc?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  9. Vasumathy

Have you checked HPT?
    Sometimes dropped cycles will create confusions in the system. If period is not coming even for a week, have a word with your doc. They can clear it through blood test or scan!
    Hope all will go well!

10. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vasumathy,

Its a week now. Still no AF. All my symptoms have gone too. Everyone at home thinks positive.. but miracles have not happened in my case.

I haven't tried HPT anytime, never. I haven't conceived naturally and periods have been almost regular.. so haven't even bought HPT kit anytime.

Will any over the counter kit do? Is there any specific HPT kit you suggest? I am thinking of doing it tomorrow morning.

Will visit doc. after doing HPT.

1 person likes this.