When will we be blessed?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Jun 14, 2014.

1. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Your situation is quite similiar to mine.I got married at 27 and never bothered to ttc till i was 30.My career was taking off.At 30 we tried and things werent working out.Thats when we realised something could be wrong.Like you i was ovulating every month ,tubes were open and my husbands count was good enuf.
    There is a test known as AMH it gives the reserves the lady has of eggs.Please get this test done on priority.My amh level was 1,and antral follicule count was just 10 two years back.We tried iui almost 4 in vain.My amh now has gone down to 0.59 and antral follicule count is around 4-6 every month.
    That being said,if your amh level is low i would straightaway ask you to step up for iui ,and if you dont get the results please get on straight to ivf.I known when you hear it first its scary.But be mentally prepared many women go thru it and come out with a baby in their arms,its all worth the trouble.
    Personally i am on second ivf,the first one resulted into an ectopic pregnancy and i lost the baby along with the tube.Still heads up i am not stopping till the time i can afford to get the treatments.
    Good luck ahead and keep your head cleared to take the right decision at the right time.

2. Indianwife2000

Indianwife2000 Silver IL'ite

I am surprised that your doctor doesn't keep any records. It is not your responsibility to remember each and every thing. In my opinion, they should be keeping track of every cycle of yours in their system...like the length of your cycle, how many follicles you are making each cycle, their sizes, your ovulation time etc etc. It is important even in an IUI and more so in an IVF.....just in case, one cycle fails, they can change the protocol in the next cycle.

So, to answer your question, it does matter. I think you should see another doctor or ask this doctor if she keeps your records somewhere else?

Also, like other user suggested here, get your AMH test done. This, along with your antral follicles (follicles on CD2 or 3) number will give you a better picture of your fertility status.

Don't worry...stay calm and positive.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Doc or hospital or at least you should maintain the record. It will be easy to revive the next time and improve things in the upcoming cycle! Its not wise to go otherwise.
    Check out on this!
    Take care.