Infertility and astrology/ predictions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by soulsister, Jun 8, 2014.

1. sunnysideup

sunnysideup Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Lot of things in life are unpredictable in Life. I believe in astrology but not in astrologers. Maybe I never found a proper one.
    Sometime back my mom appproached a astrolger (apparently very renowned) and he told her I will surely have 2 kids as it says so in my and my DH's horoscope. He told us to perform a small pooja/ritual to eliminate a small obstacle. He told my mom I will conceive in the next 48days. We got all excited cause we are in the middle of our icsi cycle and thought it would be a success. But alas it was not be. That cycle failed and next one too failed.
    I am continuing in my journey and am sure will succeed one day but I have decided to believe in god and his plan for me.

2 people like this.
  2. soulsister

soulsister Senior IL'ite

I am being told since last 2 yrs by different Astros that I will concieve within few months. But here I am after several failed clomiphene & IUI s , and two failed ivf/Icsi.
    Lost faith in these Astros

3. amicably

amicably Bronze IL'ite

@sunnysideup - I was told I will conceive naturally (Without any treatments like IUI/IVF) etc by Jan 2013. Its mid 2014 now :) One of my relatives was doing the same puja ritual that I am doing since 4 yrs, she conceived within 2 years.

I have done 5 IVFs from one of the well known doctors in Ahmedabad, and prior to that had taken other medicines for almost 2 years from one of the well known doctors in Baroda. Many ppl from other states too come to them for treatment.

Its not that astrologers are always right, sometimes we go to astrologer for our satisfaction. It is like sometimes just by going to a doc say for treating fever, we feel better coz we have a little faith in them, and we know that we will be alright by taking his/her medicines.

I know we cant compare the normal cold/cough/fever with something as serious as TTC, I just want to convey its a matter of faith and how much you are comfortable with these things. Something that works for others, may or may not work for us.

2 people like this.
  4. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Our family has been a believer of astrology for a long time. Many a times I have seen success with the predictions and may times nothing worked out. I remember when I was a kid an atrologer told I will get married to person who will be from xyz place only and then I will have to compensate on certain aspects. Many years down the line my husband happens to be from xyz city only and is a few months younger than me. Now I believe I have compensated on the age if that counts. We had a love marriage and I do not see any issues whatsoever.

Now coming to the kids part. We have been married for 3+ years and we are on TTC for past 1 year. Both me and Dh have been found to have some issues restricting out fertility. This made my mom and my relatives believe that because ours is a love marriage horoscopes were not matched for fertility aspect wherein if one person has weak planets for fertility the spouse is chosen to be the one who has strong fertility in the horoscope to nullify the effects.My mom asked a few astrologers and they said my DHs horoscope has problems related to fertility. They even went ahead and said if we have kids my husband will not derive happiness out of children. I dunno what that means
    When I asked an astrologer whom I believe and know he never mentioned any such thing and just said we are facing the effects of past karma.
    Now what I am trying to say is many astrologers have different way of approaching the horoscope. I have see extremely contrasting predictions to our chart regarding fertility. If one says I have a problem in horoscope other says I have no problem and its my husband who has the problem.
    But the fact is both of us have problems medically and the only fair thing to do is accept it and look for ways to solve it.

1 person likes this.
  5. sunnysideup

Agreed. TTC is not easy and we will try to hold on anything which gives us strength to continue. If faith in astrology is what makes us move forward, then why not. It differs from person to person and situation to situation. Lets hope TTC is a success for all us here as predicted by the astrologers :)

1 person likes this.
  6. sunnysideup

Ours was a arranged marriage and our horoscopes was matched thrice and all factors including kids was checked. We are supposed to be compatible on all the aspects. It is true that I share a fulfilling relation with my DH. So maybe with time we might have 2 kids as per our horoscopes. On a lighter note we are compatible even in fertility issues,he has sperm issues and I have poor ovarian reserve.

1 person likes this.
  7. soulsister

soulsister Senior IL'ite

Mine and my husband 's horoscopes do not match as he is Manglik. We have been told to have Nadi Dosha too.
    Astros tell me that you both do not get along well! I was surprised when I first heard that, as we had a love marriage and we are a happy couple apart from the infertility issues. They tell so many things that just do not fit. Overall I have seen around 50% of their predictions prove right..
    so I am searching for remedies for Nadi Dosha..any ideas? I have read it affects fertility and as we are unexplained case, they say it's our stars which are not allowing conception :(

8. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Soulsister,
    Why don't you post this query in astrology thread. You might get good response there

9. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

me& my Dh did all sorts of pariharams-he was supposed to have kalsarp dosha-we aere asked to do sethu pariharam-some ritual fasting.whole day praying pooja&bathing in sea& then doing pooja in wet clothes.Then we did some whole bunch of poojas & the poojaries were confident i will conceive by .......&......,Fact is everything will happen only when it is meant to happen-so i just left it& only do regular prayers as much as ican

1 person likes this.
  10. soulsister

soulsister Senior IL'ite

Radio we were also told to do kaal sarp pooja for my husband which we did. Also bhat pooja for mangal. Grah shanti several times :) but here we are at same place after so many pooja s and rituals. I did everything with full faith, Navratris as well as ganesh it's every year. Got garbhrakshambigaye Prashal too. Said santangopal & garbhrakshambigaye mantras and patham, I did max puja but one by one my 4 fertility treatments failed . Now I can't bring myself to do regular pooja...