Multi- cystic Ovaries

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by meetmeonline, May 6, 2014.

1. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am married since three years. Recently, I missed my period. I thought i could be pregnant. So, I tried Home Pregnancy test and the result was negative. I went to doc and she did a ultrasound and told me I have multi-cystic ovaries. She recommended using Megest 10 mg for 4 days. My heart broke hearing all this. I searched in net about multi-cystic ovaries but could not find much. Yes, one thing I am clear its not PCOS or PCOD. Then, what is it? Is it a severe condition. I do keep checking my weight. My weight remains where it was. From past three years I have been maintaining same weight. I had normal period every month for 3 days and had a cycle of 30-31 days. This is first time I missed it. What are the side effects? What should I take care. What are the chances of having baby normally in this condition?

Friends, do share your knowledge on this. If any gynec is here, please share your valuable feedback.

Thanks in advance.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    I believe multi-cyst and poly-cyst are same. Poly means many. Both refers to PCOS/PCOD!
    PCOS don't affect the periods and weights immediately! In turn affects the fertility hormones. Please check the LH, FSH, TSH & prolactin hormones along with the sugar levels and insulin resistance in the body. If these hormones are going off balance, slowly they will impact on cycle regularity and weight.
    If your BMI is in the normal range, try to find out if these hormones have anything to say. That might guide you to achieve pregnancy with proper care. Please check with your doc after the periods!

If you mean the natural conception, it can still happen out of all odd stuffs. Keep trying in the fertile window!

All the best! Baby dust to you!

2 people like this.
  3. ramkar1509

ramkar1509 New IL'ite

Hi,

I too had a PCOD last October. When I discovered that, I was scared like you.

Don't search too much on the net. For example, PCOD might be a big problem in western countries and they have PCOD since their puberty.

But for us, it is popping up suddenly due to stress/lifestyle factors. We can easily overcome that with our indian food.

I followed a strict diet and I am PCOD free now. My last scan showed my ovaries are normal.

Don't be scared and it will make your hormones to go crazy.

You can conceive naturally.

1 person likes this.
  4. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing, Some positive news has finally come from you. I thought just like once you get diabetic it will always there ,this one is same thing. But, hearing from you, I am now more hopeful. Thanks you ramkar1509.

5. Deepu04

Deepu04 IL Hall of Fame

Please share if there is any diet for PCOS

6. meetmeonline

meetmeonline Gold IL'ite

Hi Deepu04,

Generally, PCOS or PCOD is a lifestyle related issue, this tends to increase overall weight. So, the preferred diet is GI and Low GL. Avoid dairy products like milk, cheese, paneer etc. Have lots of fruits(preferably low GI and GL) and green veggie's. Daily exercise is good. avoid caffeine intake.

Thanks