Have faith in God and in your parents...Amazing things do happen!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Indianwife2000, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Indianwife2000

Indianwife2000 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Let me first start this thread by saying a big THANKS to all you wonderful Indusladies.....you are an amazing support system for each other. All of you have inspired me, supported me, sympathized with me and encouraged me either directly or indirectly. So...thanks so so much!!!

Also, sorry for the long post…but wanted to share my story with all of you….

Some of you probably remember me...and for some, I may be new...so let me start with my b/g first. I am 36, already have a kid (conceived naturally, quickly and effortlessly) and used to visit this website a lot for advice and to learn from others experiences. However, lately I haven't been online that much....since things were really rough and crazy for me for the past several weeks.

Since I had conceived my DD naturally without any issues, I assumed I would have no problem conceiving the second one...but boy I was so wrong!!! Things changed a lot as far as my health is concerned after my DD was born. Anyways...we started trying last year...tried for a couple of months...no success, and since I was 35 plus and have endometriosis, my ob/gyn sent me to a RE. My RE is a wonderful doctor...really like her. They did a lot of testing and found that I have hypothyrodisim, my AMH was on the lower side, confirmed my endometriosis and lower ovarian reserve. The clock was ticking so we went ahead with an IUI last year....tried 4 cycles...all failed.

Early this year, after a lot of discussions and thinking (thanks to many wonderful IL here who guided me with their views and advice), I prepared myself for an IVF....I was very scared of the whole process. As a part of the process, I was first put on BCP for about 10 days....then waited for my periods to start, then went in for a baseline u/s....and the doctor found a cyst!! The doctor told me they will have to cancel the cycle due to the cyst...I was very sad.

Then again, I had to wait for a few days until the cyst was gone and the whole process started again. This time, they put me on BCP for two weeks....then again waited for my periods to come...went in for a baseline u/s and thankfully no cyst this time! I was happy. The doctor counted about 15 follicles at the baseline u/s and asked me to start the IVF protocol which included lots of stimulation injections...some of them were twice a day....this was the most difficult part of the IVF. I continued with my injections for about two weeks and kept going for regular u/s and blood work. The blood work looked good but the u/s showed that out of 15 follies, 3 were growing rapidly. The doctor changed the dosage of some medication with the hope that the rest of the follies would catch up. The doctors asked me to come for u/s almost every day to track the growth of follies. They told me that for an IVF, they would want to retrieve as many eggs as possible....and their cut off was 5. And here my body was growing 3 big follies and the rest were small (about 10 mm). But my doctor was hopeful! However…the changes in the dosage did not make any difference and I still had 3 follicles (2 big ones and 1 slightly small) around ovulation. At this point, my doctor advised me to cancel the IVF and convert it into an IUI…..I was completely shattered….here I was taking so many injections, doing every possible thing to maintain a healthy lifestyle….and after going through so much, I was back to the IUI option. I cried a lot…was very sad that I was not even able to complete an IVF process….forget about the results!

That day, I had a long chat with DH and we decided to continue with the IVF…knowing completely that the chances of success were very low. My doctor had also warned me that they may or may not find eggs inside the follicles and since the number was so low (only 3), the chances are low too. Deep inside, my hope was that if they can find at least one healthy egg, that’s all we wanted. So we made up our mind and called the doctor and told her about our decision.

I took the trigger that night, went in for retrieval 36 hours later. The surgery went fine and after the surgery my doctor came and told me they retrieved 5 eggs!!!! I was super happy:).

More in my next post….

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    3 people like this.

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear IW,

Guess its another success story . Waiting to hear from you dear:)

Take care

3. Indianwife2000

Next day after the retrieval, I got a call from the doctor's office saying that only one egg fertilized and the remaining four eggs were immature. I was again devastated....but kept praying. We had only one embryo (4 celled on day 3) and the doctors said the growth looked a little slower than normal and recommended the transfer on day 3. We did that and then the 2ww began. I had absolutely no symptoms during those two weeks and so I had lost my hopes. I went in for the beta test after 2 weeks and it came out negative. I was very very down that day...cried a lot...kept thinking why me? I thought I had already gone through so much.....this was the reason I wasn't very active on IL.

In short, my IVF had failed.

4. Indianwife2000

Then we had a meeting with our RE and she talked about trying other options. She also went and talked to a team of other experienced REs and based on that she came up with a different protocol for me. She said that she and other docs think that another IVF with a different protocol may be worth trying. I was already exhausted with my first IVF...had absolutely no energy to even think of another IVF. So she advised me to take a break.

5. Indianwife2000

Then we had a meeting with our RE and she talked about trying other options. She also went and talked to a team of other experienced REs and based on that she came up with a different protocol for me. She said that she and other docs think that another IVF with a different protocol may be worth trying. I was already exhausted with my first IVF...had absolutely no energy to even think of another IVF. So she advised me to take a break.

When I had made up my mind to take a break, my DH said that instead of just taking a break completely, we can still go ahead with an IUI, since it is not at all invasive and very little medication involved. Our logic was that instead of just sitting there and doing nothing, we can keep trying simpler options which are not stressful. Although all of us (my doctor, myself and DH) knew very well that after four failed IUIs and one failed IVF, we should have no hopes from IUIs....but at the same time, there is no harm in trying.

So, with my last cycle, we decided to go ahead with an IUI. This cycle I grew 9 follicles...and eventually 4 eggs. My IUI was done March 12th and then the dreaded 2 ww began. This cycle, I had absolutely no symptoms and honestly speaking, I wasn't expecting anything either. Since I knew I had a failed IVF, I have no chance of success with an IUI.

My doctor had helped me prepare mentally that this cycle is more like a trial and we have to get ready for another IVF....so I had started thinking in that direction. I was just counting my days for this cycle to end, start my periods and then proceed with a new round of IVF.

I took an HPT 15dpiui, and without even looking at it, I threw it in the trash since I had no hopes....I was dead sure that it would be negative and it was more like a formality for me since I had to inform my doctor. After throwing it in the trash, I don't know something told me to go back and check....there it said "PREGNANT"!!!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes....I thought I was not reading it correctly...I was speechless....standing there and looking at my test.....

My beta came back positive yesterday....but I dont know I am very scared....I still cannot believe it....

Please everyone...pray for me for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Your wishes mean a lot to me.

Baby dust to all.....

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    15 people like this.
  6. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Congrats Dear IW. Wishing you H&H 9 months .

Very nicely written and as your title says its Gods miracle and your continuous try as paid the way to success .

Take good rest and stay happy dear

7. Indianwife2000

Thanks Luckwaves....yes, you are right. After my failed IVF, I had given up my hopes on IUIs....but here I am ....a successful IUI after a failed IVF!

Best wishes to you.

2 people like this.
  8. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats IW. Have a Hale and Healthy Pregnancy.

9. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

congrats IndianWife..all the best for a wonderful 9 months ahead! :)

10. purpledream

purpledream Silver IL'ite

congrats IW :boo:
    wish u healthy n happy months ahead!!!!
    miracles do happen!!!
    really brings hope n me :)
    Eat healthy n enjoy ur most awaited precious moments..