Are my periods irregular?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by priyacutie, Mar 4, 2014.

1. priyacutie

priyacutie New IL'ite

Hi ,

my period shifts 4 days before every month i.e if I get it on 16th this month , next month it will start on 12th . Is this considered as irregular periods?

We are trying from past 2 months , also got ovulation prediction kit , didn't got positive for 12 -16 high fertile days ....do we normally ovulate on low fertile days also ?

Please clarify my doubts , eagerly waiting to get conceived ;).

2. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

If you can predict your period, then it is not irregular. Articles that I read "suggest" 28-32 days cycle as normal.

Ovulation kit has to be used from 16-14 days before your next period. 14th day being the most likely day for ovulation.

The days you mentioned in your post are for a person with 28 days cycle. Please check what days would work for you.

PS: Am not sure, as am wondering if the days you mentioned are because of less number of days in February or you have predicted for a normal 30/31 days month.

3. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Count the number of days in each cycle. If they are within 28-32 you need not worry I think. Take care and don't worry too much :thumbsup

4. shanthinis

shanthinis New IL'ite

Hi,

Even am facing the problem. Usually my period cycle is 30 days. But, when we do intercourse it gets shifted to 40 days or so. I checked for TSH level , its normal.

Why is this happening?? any idea??...and is my period normal?

5. priyacutie

priyacutie New IL'ite

Thanks all , I have one more doubt when we have sex , most of the times much of my DH's energy flows from there , will that be ok or do we need to take some precautions? Can I still conceive ?

I heard from one of my friend to stay on bed for 30 mins and not to go bathroom for next 1 hour .But still we are not able to control , lot of my dear H's energy flowing from there, hope he is not ejecting loads of it ;) .....please suggest , will this be a problem to get conceive?