second ivf: how to increase follicle/egg count

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by DreamGirlSwapna, Feb 14, 2014.

1. DreamGirlSwapna

DreamGirlSwapna New IL'ite

Hi all... I am currently going through my second ivf in Hyderabad and I again have only three follicles on day 9. While I am already on prescribed medication like Persinal & Lupride, I want to know if there is a way to enhance the egg quantity and quality in the next few days. While I know the chances are bleak, still want to know your opinion on food intake, precautions etc... Thanks in advance for your reply...

2. PPC2013

PPC2013 New IL'ite

Hi there. I'm on my 4th ivf treatment and I found that after taking compounded DHEA, that helped with my egg quality. Also, don't loose faith so soon. After all, u only need ONE!!!

3. DreamGirlSwapna

Hi PPC2013, thanks for the reply. I have used DHEA (ovisterone) three tabs everyday but not for a long duration. Would have used it for a month. My quality of eggs were really good (touchwood) at AA Grade I quality. I just need more follicles since I had only blastocyst that got implanted last time. Let see how it goes and have my scan on coming Tuesday. Wish U all the best to you too!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  4. PPC2013

PPC2013 New IL'ite

Hi dreamgirlswapna,

What injectable are you on? Usually the dr wud adjust the dose for more follicles. My last 2 protocols followed the antagonist protocol and I had a favorable response on both. 2nd antagonist was a much higher dose. Hope this info helps. Good luck on yr scan on Tuesday and do keep me posted!

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swapna,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Protein rich foods should help in improving egg quality! But its too late for things to work out for this cycle. Did your doc told to you about the follicle growth from the early time? Some change of medicines or other stuffs would have helped.
    Hope they get to hatch few more by the collection time! All the best! Take care.

6. DreamGirlSwapna

Hi PPC2013, everyday I am on Lupride (24 units). Apart from that, on Day 1 I had 600, units of 'PERSINAL' after which I had 450 units of Persinal everyday. very surprisingly, after Day 9 scan scan, my doctor reduced it to 300 units only. My first IVF was a long protocol but this time, I am on a short protocol. Apart from this, On Day 2, I also had a cyst which was removed under anesthesia.... My scan is not on tuesday but on wednesday. Fingers crossed!, will keep you posted. I will happy to have atleast 3 more follices in addition to the three that I already have. Lets see how it goes...

Whats up with you? Which stage are you at? All the best to you, too.....

7. DreamGirlSwapna

Hi Vasumathy, glad to hear from you and thanks for sharing the guidelines. I have always followed your responses and you do it pretty well! Thanks for your inputs and I know its dumb to expect changes in the ovarian response in 3-4 days; but am sure you can imagine the anxiety levels. For the past few days, I have increased intake of proteins and water with a ray of hope and giving my best shot. Lets see..... and you take care!!!

8. PPC2013

PPC2013 New IL'ite

Hi DreamGirlSwapna,

I am not familiar with any of those injectables at all. Perhaps they are different in India VS USA. Good luck and do keep me posted.

I am actually preparing for Frozen Embryo Transfer on March 10th. Currently on Estrogen regiment. My next lab and ultrasound is in a week.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We used to have scan by day 2, 6, 8 & so on to check the growth. If necessary more scans too! Because of these scans growth can be controlled well. If slower growth, injections can be altered!
    Anxiety isn't good to you! Try to calm down.
    Even one healthy egg can produce a healthier embryo when combined with a healthy sperm. Just that healthy embryo can do the desired magic for you. Stay calm. GOD has his decision for us. We may not understand it now. But will realize it later! Relax!

Stay positive.
    Sticky baby dust to you.

10. DreamGirlSwapna

Hi PPC 2013 & Vasumathy : Had my egg recovery today and had 6 of them :) :) I am happy on the success of first step. While I had 3 in the first cycle, now it is 6 which is a 100% increase. As we go by, will get to know the fertility status and quality of the embryos. Thanks for all the support extended.... Lots of love and take care!!!!

3 people like this.