Pre-pregnancy planning tips..please give me

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by shruti1487, Feb 7, 2014.

1. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

My husband and I have decided to plan for our baby. We will start trying in September this year. We are just into settling somethings before we take this big step. I'm 27 and he is 29. I am looking over the internet and I get varying responses. I want to make my body fit for the baby. I am a professional and I just want to make sure I have adequate nutrients that doesn't give me much morning sickness etc.. I don't want my work/performance be affected by taking too many sick days.

So, I would really appreciate any tips/ideas that we can take. I have been taking multivitamins every day. I have heard that Folic acid is very important and I have also started to take them since this month, since I don't take that too much.

I really want to get an idea about how much should I take - at some places it says 400mg and some says 1000mg..I have no idea...I take 400 mg. I will also bok an appointment with my doctor like 1-2 months before since it's just February right now.I'm quite worried coz my MIL has given me taunts of infertility and etc..although she knows that my husband and I were not settled to think of our first baby.

We want to have twins and my father's side..everybody has twins..Is there anything I can take to have hyper-ovulation so that I can conceive twins. I want to do everything naturally. Please give me good advice. My MIL and my mother are just superstitious people who follow moon size and whatever to conceive..My background is South-Asian living in North America.

2. Brindha84

Brindha84 New IL'ite

Hi,

Have yams and diary products often. Stop using birth control pills.

There is an oral medicine called Clomid that a doctor can prescribe. It is normally used as a treatment for women who do not ovulate, but when taken by women with no issues it can raise the chance of having twins to over 33%, depending on the woman.
    Try to see twins pictures often. You need to see good pictures and beautiful babies when you are planning to conceive.you can continue that during your pregnancy.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  3. sansan23

sansan23 Senior IL'ite

Hello OP,

Just eat and stay healthy.Get a complete physical exam with your doctor and do not try any medicines just because you want have Twins.There are lot of side effects by taking hyper stimulation medicines.You are young enough to have as many kids as you want ,just pray god that you should have a natural and a healthy pregnancy.
    Good Luck!

3 people like this.
  4. Brindha84

Brindha84 New IL'ite

Researchers have found that women who have a higher than normal body mass index (30 and above)are more likely to get twins.

Ask your doctor whether you can take fish oil supplements along with the multivitamins. It has DHA in it.you need DHA for baby's brain. Also it will increase your fertility. My husband and I have decided to have second baby. So I am taking fish oil right now along with the multivitamins. When I asked my doctor she said its fine.

Don't skip your breakfast. Have lots of fruits and vegetables.

check your vitamin D levels also. It's very important. Refer whattoexpect.com for all your doubts regarding pre-pregnancy. It has some nice information. Go to library and you can find some useful books.

5. AnushaSruthi

AnushaSruthi New IL'ite

Hi shruthi,

I am sailing in the same boat.. Thank you for posting your questions here. The answers we got is really helpful. We are planning kids, Unfortunately i had a miscarriage last time. So just making sure my body is in a healthy condition before we plan for our kid...

6. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Hello,

your first stop should be your doctor for any medicines that you take. OTC Folic acid and pre-conception medicines will do you good; staying fit and eating healthy will be even better.

every pregnancy is different even for the same woman. I am not aware of conclusive proof yet that the symptoms can be stopped; maintaining a sensible, stress free life style is supposed to decrease complications. In case you have nausea, chewing something starchy is supposed to help. A friend had dry toast delivered to her bed-side by her husband just before he woke her up so she could gobble it down first thing...

Being regimental and expecting to be completely in control during pregnancy is not very wise as we really cannot control every aspect of it. It helps if you are prepared to go with the flow as that would give you more peace.

Lastly ignore the taunts! I was an extremely busy professional who delayed having our child nearly a decade after having been married! (I was in my 30s) You do it when you at good and ready. The most important thing is for you and your husband to savour the nine months and beyond...

Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  7. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you all for so many useful responses. I really appreciate that. I will book an appointment with doctors for my complete medical exam.

8. Sonali222

Sonali222 Gold IL'ite

All the best for September

9. shruti1487

shruti1487 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Sonali :)

1 person likes this.
  10. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

All the best Shruthi..
    Be happy and dont take tension unnecessary .. Just keep loving your partner and dont take any thing to have a baby ..Its the gift of GOD and lets GOD decide the time to have one or two