hysterolaproscopy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by divyashetty18, Jan 29, 2014.

1. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

My doctor suggested hystero-laproscopy. But, I feel its better to go for HSG and hysteroscopy first and if required based on HSG results she can plan for laparoscopy. I am not sure why she suggested hystero-laproscopy directly. I do not have cysts or endometrosis but I was diagnosed with endometrial TB. I completed taking TB medicines.

My date for laparoscopy is already scheduled. Actually I am getting scared of laparoscopy. Is laparoscopy really scary? Can you please give me your suggestions.

Divya

2. Mona2312

Mona2312 Senior IL'ite

hi divya,
    actually i can't give u proper answer but i can say i was in same
    situation when in oct 2013 doc suggested to me hystrolaproscopy
    before my first iui even my HSG report was normal. i was also
    scared . but my IL friendssuggest me to not go for hystrpy when HSG
    is normal and i also took second opinion of another doctor and i didn't go for it

but i will say its all depend on medical condition of a person .
    in my case it was not important. but in your case when you
    have endometrial TB i think..u should go for it directly.
    because HSG is only for tube blockage and hystrolaproscopy detects all things .
    But take secind opinion of another doctors and all good advises of our IL friends before taking any steps
    And in last
    Don't worry Be happy

3. nikitaram

nikitaram Silver IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Why dont u discuss the procedure again with your doc, she should tell you why she is suggesting this procedure. During one of the IUI cycles I had polyps in my uterus so my doctor suggested a hysteroscopy. Like Mona said, a hysterolaproscopy will give a complete picture of the tubes and uterus. Regarding the procedure, there is an excellent sticky thread written by Vasu, http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fertility-and-trying-to-conceive/70305-laparoscopy-experience.html.
    I was very scared before the hysteroscopy cause i had never gone under general anesthesia before. In fact they even rescheduled my procedure cause my BP was very high that day:) But when I got it done, I realized its no big deal. So dont get scared and all the best.

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I know about hysteroscopy, not about what you talk... Or you are missing anything?
    Its kind of HSG plus lap. Instead of making hole & seeing the organs, hysteroscopy can go through vaginal and see them. Doc can take endometrium sample easily through it for investigation!
    Talk with your doc clearly before taking up the procedure. Ask the doc why it has to be done. Clear yourself before doing things!

Take care.

5. srinithivasan

srinithivasan Silver IL'ite

Hi Divya,

Me had hysterolaproscopy one year before. Nothing to scar. Its a normal procedure.one day you have to stay in hospital. As Mona said it will give complete picture of tube and uterus. Hysteroscopy is done vaginaly to check tubes. some of them will have short vaginal opening , they can't support HSG which will be more painful for them. So they will suggest hysteroscopy. Laproscopy done for me as i had PCOS problem. They removed in one cyst in right ovary and did DNC also.

6. hopebelief

hopebelief Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I was diagnosed a ant.wall and submucosal fibroid of 5.5*5.6 and 2.0*2.2 where doctor asked us to do laproscopy, I was admitted and after all procedures were done, when we saw the report it says operative hystero-laproscopy and charged nearly 80k.

Does it really cost so much and will they do such things even without informing us, really confused a lot.its been more than 10 days i ve undergone this and not completely recovered yet.

Please advise me if it is good to do that, how long is the recovery time and cost of it.
    what should i ask my doctor when i visit next time?

7. hopebelief

hopebelief Senior IL'ite

Someone has gone through or know abt this, pls share..