yoga for weight loss

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by sweety1988, Jan 26, 2014.

1. divshiri87

divshiri87 Gold IL'ite

Hi puttsmom,
    We are very glad to have yoga teacher here who can share their experience, along with steps of yoga with health benefits.
    I am beginner and doing few asanas daily. However i have not yet started surya namaskar. So please write steps about surya namaskar as suggested by vasumathy and do provide the path so that we can just go through the steps.
    Thank you for your interest in providing information about SN.

2. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Would like to join and will update regularly.
    my current weight is 71 and i want to make it 61 Kgs... ma also doing lots of walking and excersice and diet.
    but my concern is can anyone share about how to eat feenugreek seed in morning. heard that it helps a lot to reduce.

3. anjalisingh152

anjalisingh152 Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Want to reduce my weight so from Jan 1 I m doing 12 sets of Suryanamaskar daily for 6 days a week.
    My Weight is 54kg . Want to reduce 4 kg.
    After doing lots of searches I tried Lukewarm water with lemon and honey but gas prob whole day then even tried Cinnamon water & Honey same ... so now has started Mint leaf with ginger daily before going to my evening walk and doing skipping too..

Dear WinniPooh,

How many Suryanamaskar you do daily. Please guide me too. As I too want too want to loose weight. ideasmiley

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  4. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi Lucky..yes, i did continue with it...but in a more milder version without minimum stretch :)

5. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi sweety..the idea is to slowly increase the #...firsst 10..then 20..then move up to 30 sets (left & right).. cleanse is the process done with a yoga instructor and not on your own. This way you are put on a specific diet to cleanse your system completely...and this helps to improve digestion and minimizes on the fat accumulation with the right amount of exercise.

2 people like this.
  6. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi..the variation is minor..just the different in the hold position for the 12 step vs. the 10 step..The 10 step is continuous and is a little more strenuous. Yes, I recommend doing this in the morning when your body feels light and follow with some meditation. It helps to calm the mind, esp with all the madness around the stress of ttc!

2 people like this.
  7. sweety1988

sweety1988 New IL'ite

hai
    as i said i am doing surya namaskaras daily from feb 1...

i am feeling great. i started with 4 rounds and slowly increasing.

now i am doing 6 rounds and i lost 2lbs.

8. almondeyes

almondeyes Bronze IL'ite

Hi Winipooh,

Do you think SN is safe during ttc phase?? I used to do 100 rouds of SN daily till 2013 dec , but stopped this year , as i feel it was heating up the body and so maybe affects the fertility. Do you know anyone who was so active with SN and conceived a baby?

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Hi SN...100 would be quite a push when you are trying to conceive. I would recommend no more than 25 sets..which if done correctly is more than sufficient to help weight loss. Yoga helps to calm the mind more than anything else.

1 person likes this.
  10. almondeyes

almondeyes Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply WiniPooh.

Just one more clarification: by 25 sets you mean 12 sets with right leg 1st and 12 sets with left leg 1st?