pcod with regular periods still ttc pls help

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pearly86, Jan 16, 2014.

1. pearly86

pearly86 New IL'ite

hey guys may i join in..I have pcod and my doc said the same to lose weight and prescribed me an ayurvedic medicine too..which will help in regualarising the periods..but my periods are quite regular which got really bad in last few months which made me go for a doc checkup and found out i have pcod..she said though a mild one..but now the thing is i really got overweight at that time and now i have lost 5 kgs already and m following great diet and myperiods last month came dot day28 also i saw a difference in my ov too i guess cuz the opk got positive on day 18 which otherwise used to be oalways after day 22 so changes are certainly there
    hope we all achieve our success soon...
    my question is do u guys feel dizziness too cuz i have bbeen feeling it eversince my period got changed 6 months back and i think that was the time pcod hit me..so really want to knw ur guys exp in the same..thanks sorry for such long post

2. RNair2014

RNair2014 New IL'ite

Hi pearly86,

It sucks to have pcod, but it is great that you are getting regular periods now. I would suggest charting your basal body temperature (if not already doing so) to confirm ovulation as opks just indicate that ovulation is due and don't confirm it. There are a bunch of online websites that can help you do that. I used to use fertility friend.
    I used to get dizziness too sometimes, but that was mostly if I didn't eat for a long time. I think the key is to have regular meals. I was also on a mostly paleo/primal diet, but it is better to check with your doc before you start this.
    Congratulations on your progress so far! And, all the best for the future!!!

3. Sangamitraprady

Sangamitraprady New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    im new to this group !hope i find some light in here.it been nearly 2yrs f marriage.n i was diagnosed with pcos 1 year back.we are tryin fa a baby.taking benforce n folvite .was not serious earlier n used to skip these tablets cause i used to feel nauseous n had diarrhea when i have them.i had my periods on oct 3rd,2013,nov 1st,little spottin on dec 12th then got it on 31st.but it lasted nearly fa a month say 31st of jan2014.on feb 1st week had intercourse n fa the past two weeks im having cramps,had spotting which eventually turned as white discharge severe heartburn sudden pull in my abdomen.tod i tested hpt it showed negative.since i had discharge i tried ovulation kit n its negativ too!

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sangamitra,
    Have you checked with your gynec? May be blood test & scan can give you exact figure on your status.
    Metformin tablets will give those troubles with the initial time, but with time, those symptoms & troubles will vanish. It will help in controlling the PCOS effects. With proper diet, exercise, medication & care, one can win over pcos & hold the baby.
    Hope soon you will see the two lines in hpt!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies...

1 person likes this.
  5. Sangamitraprady

thank you vasumathy,
    we moved to us few months back n have to find a gynec here.these cramps,heartburn are new to me havent faced this b4...i feel sudden pull in my abdomen.very scared,are these symptoms there during the start of monthly periods.cause i stopped benforce last month since i had flow for nearly a month!

6. arch1984

arch1984 Senior IL'ite

Hi Sangamitra
    are you diagnosed with pcos in India?
    Yes as Vasumathy said..Metformin causes nausea in the initial days and will set with days passing by. have some food and have those tablets.
    I also live in Hackensack...and i think you can consider...Dr.Kiran Joshi's office for consultation.
    Have your blood tests and ultrasound done...you will know the condition
    Regular exercise, good nutritious food ...incude...fruits, protein, green leafy vegetables will help you combat this condition
    Don worry i passed thru the same situation n am pregnant nw
    All d best

1 person likes this.
  7. Sangamitraprady

hi arch1984,
    Nice to know that ur pregnant n from hackensack...congrats !!:)
    i was diagnosed 1 yr back in chennai so im used to benforce.had no nausea...having lower abdomen pulln heartburn.fa past two weeks...having mild bleeding n but nothing on pad..wr u live in hackensack?hws this doctor?heard from a fren she s out of town n vl be back next month.btw hw do they do scan ?hope its not internal,im very scared abt that1.

8. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Hi Sangamitra, I am also diagnosed with PCOS, and currently on Metformin medication. As Vasumathy and arch1984 had said, you would feel all the discomforts for the initial dosage only. After few weeks of dosage, your build get back to normal. I had severe heart burn and diarrhea, for which I used to drink at least 2-3 glasses of Buttermilk. It helped me a lot. As of now, am doing regular exercise and trying to control my diet too.

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

These symptoms are common with early pregnancy & PMS. Its tough to differentiate between these.
    I feel you should check with a doc soon. Decide on some good one & consult. That would do the good to you!
    Take care.

10. Sangamitraprady

Thanks vasumathy,i m planning to go for a check up by next weeks...hope everything is fine!