What kind of exercise can be done whil trying to conceive??

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by cutiepie66, Oct 15, 2013.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Kindly tell me the exercises I should do. I am overweight. Doctor has asked me to reduce weight. What all exercise I can do and what all should I have to avoid?

I am already 28 yrs old. So I have to lose my weight soon to conceive. I weigh 63.5 kg. Doctor said that I have to lose around 10 kgs. (I am taking medicines to conceive) Kindly please advice on exercise part. Will exercise hinder anything while trying to conceive? Kindly help.

2. ann0123

ann0123 Senior IL'ite

You can start by doing basic exercises....don't do any heavy exercise, it will have a negative impact. Use the link below for instructions....

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/48804-keep-your-body-fit-without.html

Concentrate more on your diet, it will help to reduce weight.....all the best....

regards,
    Ann

1 person likes this.
  3. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

start with simple restorative yoga and of course watch food you eat.After ovulation avoid any deeper twists and turns.Walking is good all time .

4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Exercise along with proper diet will help you to shed weight and also helps you in your ovulation .
    I followed the below plan and lost 3 kgs in close to 2 months time

1. Lukewarm water with lemon and honey in the morning
    2. 2 litres water per day
    3. Completely stopped junk food - for snacks had oats biscuit or dry nuts
    4. No sugar
    5. 90 minutes yoga - asanas mentioned in the link above by anno123.
    6. To an extent stopped worrying about TTC(as stress increases your weight)
    7. Dinner - mostly fruits or boiled vegetables plus oats (max water and less milk)

Though I havnt conceived yet but brought my ovulation on track with this weight loss and I really hope the conception happens soon ...

Good luck

4 people like this.
  5. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Ann&luckwaves,

Can I do all the exercise given in that link given by you??

And I follow the exercises in the below link. Kindly tell me if it is fine.

Burn 200 Calories in 20 Minutes - YouTube
    Calorie Burning Wii Zumba or Just Dance Workout Bodyweight Toning Workout - YouTube
    Crunchless Abs Workout - Crunch Free Ab Workout Routine - YouTube

Please do tell me whether the above exercises are fine. I am doing those exercise for past 3 months. Can I continue doing it? Please suggest. (I use 1 kg dumbbells). Can I also use gym ball?

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Cutiepie,
    Start with healthy eating and small workouts which are low intense and for smaller time.Gradually when you get stamina increase the intensity as well as time of workouts.Try and workout for atleast 5days a week for 30mins. Also once you get used to a specific set of weights increase the weights. 1kg dumbells after 3months wont have much effect on the muscles.So you can increase it to 1.5 or 2kgs.
    Check out jillian michaels 30day shred level 1.Its a very intense cardio and strength training workout.Once you are fine with level 1 you can move on to level 2.Its available for free download in youtube.

1 person likes this.
  7. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Dear Cutiepie,

When it comes to yoga asanas yes you can do but how many times you are doing each asanas is up to you. Other exercise I have not tried personally . What ever you do while doing listen to your body dear . As not all the exercise suits everyone . JMO.

Good luck dear

1 person likes this.
  8. MadhaviUP

MadhaviUP Silver IL'ite

Hi Cutiepie,
    Best is go to nearest yoga center and join for just 1month. tell them that you are planning to conceive and want to reduce weight. depending on their routine you can follow for rest of the months.

9. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

Cutepie,

Btw can you pls share your normal menu