Two week wait! Gosh, its absolutely crazy...buddies needed!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by WiniPooh, Oct 3, 2013.

1. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Dear ramya,
    Hope so u have recieved my PM message.
    With regards,
    Ramya

2. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

ladies pl reply me iam badly in need of ur advice.

3. designed4women

designed4women New IL'ite

Hi Rammu

7 years is a long time to go without a child, but the question is: how long have you an your husband actually been trying, 1-2 years or more? What are your methods when you're trying, ex. do you have a history of taking contraceptive pills?

As for the weight, I'm currently working with a lot of women who're trying to conceive and let me tell you, weight is one of the biggest reasons why women are having difficulty. It's in itself contributes to about 12% of infertility cases, according to The American Society for Reproductive Medicine.

Also, you must that when you're under stress, is terrible for your body. What's is more interesting, stress actually makes it harder for you to lose weight, and it turn also causes something called 'insulin resistance', which is one of the key damaging factors in diabetes as well. This resistance makes the hormones go awry and has significant impact on your menstrual cycles.

If you've done IUIs, then ofcourse your doctor must have tried to get to cycles regular, however, for TTC, have you considered that you might be timing your intercourse wrong? Do you know, that one in every two couples don't conceive because of wrong timing and they actually don't have any fertility issues at all. Because of wrong timing, many of them end up taking fertility treatments, which doesn't help unless you have an intercourse at the time of ovulation. And I understand it's difficult, because in india we don't have ways of finding the exact time of ovulation (except calender method, which is inaccurate), and going for scans each time is tedious and expensive.

But you must lose weight. In my work with women who're trying to conceive, doctors have advised BMI to be less than 27, or else it becomes challenging to conceive.

References to scientific papers:
    Preconception stress increases the risk of infertility: Results from a couple-based prospective cohort study—the LIFE study

Body Mass Index and Delayed Conception: A European Multicenter Study on Infertility and Subfecundity

4. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

Thank u soo much for ur valuable advice i will seriously concentrate on my weight loss

5. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

@OP, sorry for hijacking this thread..
    Have a query regarding 2 weeks wait..is it ok for a woman to undergo long and strenuous journey by train, bus etc if she is in her 2 weeks wait.. and if she suspects she may have conceived? If a woman has conceived and then goes on a strenuous journey during the 2ww, will it affect the pregnancy? Just a general question as we ladies may have to travel now and then for so many reasons like work, family function, vacation purposes etc.

6. skyinsc

skyinsc Silver IL'ite

Hi generic, based on my experience, I don't think strenuous journey will affect pregnancy. This may be case to case basis but the cycle I conceived , I was not even aware I was pregnant and did all sorts of workout in gym including crunches. my cycle was off with flu and took antibiotics for ear infection so I didn't know when I ovulated nor conceived. I felt very bloated and had small baby bump . I never was able to shed off my tummy fat post my first pregnancy so was doing extra workout hoping to burn the extra fat . It was not until 1 or 2 weeks later I suspected pregnancy but till then I was working myself out heavy in gym

1 person likes this.
  7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

thanks, skyinsc. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. rammu

rammu Senior IL'ite

hi ladies,
    Pl. advise me i was give regesterone for my periods by my gyni she asked me to consume it for 2 days unknowingly i skipped my pill and finished it in a period of 4 days will i get my periods r not
    I am badly in need of Ur advise