Worried about a 2nd pregnancy.

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by NB83, Sep 2, 2013.

1. NB83

NB83 New IL'ite

I have a daughter who is 4 now, so we are looking forward for a 2nd one, but the prob is, i am having hypothyroidism, on medicine for that, heard some where that it effects fertility too, and my main symptom for hypothyroidism was that my periods were getting late by 10-20 days, now after the medication its back to normal, that is, i am having a 28-30 days cycle, my last periods got over on 27th so i guess i'll be ovulating by 7th or 9th,,,my worry is about conceiving...will i be able to conceive, totally stressed out, and upon that the questions of elder and people in the family,such as- "why are you just having a girl, its high time you should try for a second one, when are going to give the good news etc etc..."when i hear such things,i feel like running away, it seems like whoevr i meet on the road will ask me such type of questions....for my first i did't worry like this, infact nobody got a chance to ask it cos i was pregnant within three months of my marriage;-),,, but for my second i am worrying...more worried cos of my hypothyroidism and upon that my husband is having Vericocele..his doc told him no need of treatment at present, if there is a prob getting me preg, then will see what to do..when i talk about my worries to my husband, he says why u listening to others, but ladies, he don't have to be among the ladies in the family and listen such things, women are more into such things,:rant:hide:..anyways this will be the first time we are going to try, till now we took precautions,....wish me luck...just wanted to share my worries,,,and if any one had any same like situation do share, and ease my worries please..

Last edited: Sep 2, 2013

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hope you had your second one by now.
    People will keep talking on something. Bother about things which you really need to. Leave the rest. Life your life for your wish, not for others.
    Take care.