Is it possible to stop the body from automatically performing LH surge?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by indianlady17, Aug 22, 2013.

1. indianlady17

indianlady17 Bronze IL'ite

All,

I had my 1st IUI (Gonal f cycle) on 7 aug 2013 on Day 11 of my cycle.
    I had 1 dominant follicle of size 16.5 mm and 2 others of size 15 mm on day 10.
    But on Day 10 the doc found that I already started the LH surge and I will ovulate within 24-48 hrs.
    So they suggested I take the trigger shot of Day 10 evening and come in for an IUI on Day 11 at 1 PM.
    Yesterday I started spotting and today is my day 1. I will be proceeding with my 2nd IUI this cycle. I have read somewhere that during IVF the patients are given some shots so that they dont start the LH surge before the egg retreival.
    I would like to know the name of the medicine given for that and also has anybody had such med during IUI?

Please provide your details. I am posting the same question in IVF Queries thread as well, so that someone from IVF thread may help me.

Thanks.

2. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

Have no idea about your query, But just dropped in to wish you all the best :) May God bless you, loads of baby dust :-D

3. indianlady17

Thank you Twinkel. Wish you the best.

4. indianlady17

Hello,

Can someone please respond to my query.
    If there is a medicine to stop the LH surge, I have to request the nurse today as my cycle will start tomorow after the baseline test.
    Please let me know.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Indian Lady,
    It would be too tough to control the LH levels. Only with extensive monitoring it might be controlled.
    I hope the doc won't be attempting in that way. May be other hormones can be altered or monitored which migth pause the LH level growth.
    I hope by now you have crossed this stage!
    All the best!