contraceptive pill... after 14th day...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Nancy2712, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Nancy2712

Nancy2712 Bronze IL'ite

hi... this is my first time experience with Loette (contraceptive pill)... i started taking the tablet on 5th day of my cycle and i stopped taking it on the 14th day. When will i get my periods?.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Dear Nancy,
    Contraceptive pills are not adviceable for long run and hope you consulted gynic before proceeding for Loette.
    Is there any reason you stopped taking it on 14th day??Ovulation can happen anytime in your cycle. Hope the below info helps.

To start taking Loette follow these steps:
    1. On the first day of your menstrual period, take a pink tablet that matches the day of the week from the pink shaded section of the blister pack. For example if your period commences on a Friday, then take a pink tablet marked Friday.

2. Then take one pink tablet each day, following the arrows so that you are taking the correct tablet for the day of the week until all 21 pink tablets have gone.

3. Then take one white tablet each day for the next 7 days.

4. You will have a 'withdrawal' bleed, similar to having a period, during the week of white tablets.

Loette is effective from the first day of use if begun as instructed.

3. Nancy2712

Nancy2712 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    Thanks for the reply.. I took a blood test on the third day and doctor advised me to take the tablet from 5th day, one tablet per day for 14 days. since i need to attend a family function the next week, i used the tablet to get my periods a week earlier.

I have a mild PCOS. Will that delay my periods even in case of Loette.?