Did not get my periods even after taking meprate

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ssubhasr, Mar 4, 2013.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My periods was regular just before 2 months and its been more than 60days now and I still didn't get my periods. I consulted a gynec and diagnosed with PCOS and asked to take meprate tablet for 5 days (1 tablet a day). And its been 11days now after taking meprate for 5days, I still didn't get my periods. I did a HPT and its negative. But feels my belly is little bit bulgy.

How long do I have to wait to get my periods ? What can be the reasons why i didn't get my periods ?

Need your urgent suggestion...

2. saran27

saran27 Senior IL'ite

hi,
    first don t stress urself regarding periods,u have taken the tablet and wait for a week or 2,suppose if u did t get it till that time,then repeat HPT,for any results from HPT contact ur Gynac again,be relaxed some time due to stress u ll not ovulate and hence will not get periods,so be cool and be positive...hope it helps...:)

3. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you Saran ! Let me wait for 4 more days.

4. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

Hi Subha
    Are you pregnant? Or how many days after Meprate did you get your periods? My case is similar..This month I felt like I was pregnant..Took Beta HCG on day 35 and it was negative..Then started Meprate and stopped on 19/6..Today is 25th and I still have not got my periods..I am worried now..
    Am I pregnant? If I am pregnant then will Meprate affect the foetus? Or why is meprate taking so much time to act?

5. trishaadvani

trishaadvani New IL'ite

Hey ladies, did u get ur periods or u tested pregnant. I am asking you this because I am experiencing same issue. I had taken meprate for 5 days and now its 12 day today, I haven't got my periods yet. I had done HPT before starting meprate and it ws negative thwen. I m very confused. Please guide.

6. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Ladies..would recommend that all of you first take a beta to be absolutely sure that you are not expecting. This willl rule it out completely.

Then the next step would be to have a medication like modus to kick start it, which usually works very well to start things off in a day or two. Not sure if your medication in the same genre. I would recommend checking with your docs before panicking...this period behaviour is very normal with PCOS. Are you guys on metaformin also to regularize the PCOS issue?

7. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hey ladies

Just wanted to add my experience..

At 30days (Injectibles+ TI) i checked, it was negative.
    So took tablets to postpone periods(had a function)

After stopping tablets dint get periods so took Meperate
    to start periods, even after 10days dint get periods
    so did UPT and got Positive...(But had miscarriage in 2.5months)

Not to scare anyone, just wanted to tell sometimes it might be late implantation
    n we get negative, so worth to check at 30days, 40days and 50days then take any
    tablets.Or could ask Gynec to rule out that you are not preg, before taking any tablets

1 person likes this.
  8. yoganethra

yoganethra New IL'ite

Hi ,
    i dint get my periods for 4months did upt it was negative,doc advised for beta hcg .the result was 2.90 dunno whether preg or not .doc still advised to have meprate,confused???.The report showed first week 3-100 mu/l.

9. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

Ho Yoganethra....Beta HCG of 2.9 is negative if done 3 -4 weeks post ovulation. i would recommend that you meet your doc and try to understand the extent of the problem.

10. yoganethra

yoganethra New IL'ite

Hi,
    i have pcos,tried different medication but no result.