Bangalore to Garbarakshambigai Temple

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Radical, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

I am new to this forum. I am TTC from 2 years, I have several complications...will be going through IVF in June in Bangalore. I am planning to visit Garbarakshambigai Temple when I go to India this May.

Myself and my parents will be going by train to temple from Bangalore.

Can anyone share any Info regarding travelling by train?

How to reach temple? I saw in temple website..that we have to reach Papanasam railway station? Any Info on this?

Where to stay? Any good hotels in Thanjavur. Please suggest.

Thanks,
    Radical

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Radical

check out some of the earlier threads in IL..

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...tual-people/172503-my-trip-to-kumbakonam.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r.../169648-our-visit-kumbakonam-temples-2nd.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...harbaratchambigai-karuvalarcheri-amman-5.html

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/r...ople/172052-places-to-stay-in-kumbakonam.html

I would suggest you to take overnight train from Blore to Kumbakonam, check into hotel by 6/ 6:30 a.m, freshen up, take cab to visit both Akhilandeshwari and then only Garbh rakshmabhigai temple...the former temple is for conception and the second one is for fetus protection..both can be done on same day..

2 people like this.
  3. makechange

makechange Bronze IL'ite

As ssm041 suggests, Kumbakonam is the nearest station. Hotel like Raya's and Aadhitya are decent to stay in Kumbakonam. Both Hotels are 1 Km from the station. You can call the Hotel and they might arrange cab for you if you book room with them.

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

You get photos (and prasadam packets) there that you can buy and keep with you even in the hospital...

And dont forget to re-visit the temple along with your healthy and happy baby ! All the best :)

5. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hi SSM,

Thank you so much. I will surely consider your Info. With so much complications in my life..I am so depressed..but whatever happens I still want to have baby :( I read a lot about Garbhrakshmabhigai amma. Hope fully I will be able to visit before IVF

Thanks again,
    Radical

6. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello makechange,

Thanks a ton for your suggestion. I checked both hotels website..they are pretty good.

Thanks again,
    Radical

7. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hi Hrastro,

Thank you so much for suggestion :) Imagining revisiting temple with my baby made me cry...I hope everything goes well.

Thanks,
    Radical

8. plantscantalk

plantscantalk Gold IL'ite

You could also visit in Bangalore, if possible, Bandi MahaKalikamba temple. According to the lady who mans the shop in the complex, this temple is visited by people who have 'negativity' issues, marriage problems and also those who want to conceive. The devi is a svayambhu and a saumya roopam.

The temple is in Gavipuram, near Ramakrishna ashrama on Bull temple road, Basavanagudi. Landmark: Kempegowda swimming pool. The area where the temple is located is also referred to as KempeGowda nagar.

Best wishes.

2 people like this.
  9. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

Kumbokonam is the nearest station...myladuthurai express is the only train from bangalore and departure at 7.00 PM and reaches kumbokonam at 6.00 AM but you have to book little earlier think tatkal also will be wl some times anyway try your luck.

We had been to temple this jan 25th had nice darshan of my mom garbharakshambigai.......go karuvalarcheri first and then garbharakshambigai temple its near by. but before going to karuvalarcheri you have to buy turmeric, ghee and pooja item because you will not find near by shops so.......where as in garbharakshambigai temple you will get everything in the temple itself..........

dont worry my amma will bless you with healthy baby...........all the best dear

If you want any help you can contact me through pm i can provide you hotel address and also for cab facility

10. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hi Plantscantalk,

Thank you so much. I will surely visit this temple.

Regards,
    Radical