Bangalore to Garbarakshambigai Temple

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Radical, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Oh Anu, Thank you so much..I will be booking my flight to Bangalore only in end of April for my trip in May.

After that we have to book train tickets..I dont know if we will even get tickets before a month.

Thanks again,
    Radical

2. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Hi Radical,

My Best wishes for you to conceive. May Goddess Garbarakshambika shower Her blessings on you to enjoy the moments of pregnancy and the moments of Motherhood with a beautiful chubby baby.

3. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello GaythriV,

Thank you so much :):):)

Regards,
    Radical

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

i remember booking tickets a week or so before journey date, but was in July 2012..there is a small tea shop cum pooja items shop near the Akhilandeshwari temple that sells the turnrmeric,,i am just aboit to finish my 1st one and i am 5 ms preg

so i have great faith in this goddess for conception

the pandit's grandosn also a [pandit speaks some English and is very Active and helpful on this
    someone had posted his contact detailsnin IL

to be frank i found this temple more genuine and reasoanble, less commercial / crowded than the garbhraskahmbigai temple

5. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

As most of them suggests, u can book the hotel rooms in Kumbakonam.. V also stayed at Rayas & it was ok.. & buked the cab there in the hotel itself..

@1st u pls visit karuvalarcheri Akilandeshwari temple & this goddess is for conception.. Here also the priests follow the same ghee procedure & along with that, v have to get some turmeric,which the priest will keep into the goddess feet & then he will give it back to us..
    All the pooja items are available in the near by small shop & the priest house is just adjacent to the temple.. So no worries..& then u pls go to Garparakshambigai temple & follow the rituals.. Buy / get ghee fromthe temple office room & other pooja items from the near by shops & pray to goddess for healthy & safety pregnancy..

u can visit both the temples Within 3-4 hours.. So within a day, u can make it up.. So book the tkts accordingly.. If u have time, then u can visit some nearby temples in Kumbakonam.. There are many temples in & around Kumbakonam.. Anyway tht u can decide later..

All the very best dear & May Garparakshambigai & Akilandeshwari amma bless u with a healthy LO soon..

Take care...

6. luvlyroses

luvlyroses Gold IL'ite

Hi Radical,
    Thanks for starting this thread.

All info shared here is really helpful. I think I will plan one trip to both the temples next month before I start my IVF

once again thanks all

7. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much SSM for your Info and my hearty Congratulations to you dear :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  8. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello Mathira,

Thank you so much. As soon as I book my flight tickets to India..I will make plans to temple.

One more thing..how much will it cost for cab? Is it safe to take cab..I saw some one mentioning..its better to go by bus..I would prefer cab..please let me know.

Thanks again,
    Radical

9. Radical

Radical Silver IL'ite

Hello luvlyroses,

I am happy that its been helpful. I have same plan dear...before IVF I want to visit temple..I have too many complications.. so hopefully I will be mom soon.

Thanks,
    Radical

10. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Cab within kumbakonam city is the norm as buses dont reach all the smaller temple/ villages that you intend to go...

In fact you can book the cab before going, tell the driver your train number and he will be there to pick you up & drop to Hotel for freshen up and start the trip. depending on your needs, he will also suggest the temples to be covered. early start is important as temples are closed post lunch timings...its official siesta time

In July 12 it costed 1900 rs per day irresp of number of temples covered (ofocourse not in noon) but till 8/9 p.m

check the 4 links i gave earlier for some of detailed trip itenaries given by senior ILites.