FET worries :(

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by bumblebee123, Feb 17, 2013.

1. bumblebee123

bumblebee123 New IL'ite

Hello all..

I am new to this forum..I am in a constant state of worry these days.
    I have done my first ICSI in feb and doctor retrieved 9 oocytes..
    He decided not to do transfer this cycle due to high estrogen levels which he said will hinder the implantation.
    When i went for review after one week he said out of 9 they were able to fertilize and freeze only one embryo :drowning which will be transferred in march..i was so sad that i was unable to ask him any further questions.
    Now i am really worried if my embryo will survive the thawing process :shaking:
    Pls reply if anyone had similar experience and done FET with only one embryo freezed.

2. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

OP

1 out of 9 doesnt look too good

Generally Drs give a report on the quality, no of oocoytes retrieve, grade etc..do ask this info from him to understand why the others didnt make it...

I remember some post in IL where they could transfer only 1 emby in that fresh cycle and it clicked..
    so lets hope for the best

3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

what did the doc say about the quality of the eggs and sperm.If the quality of the egg is a problem,please ask the doc about dhea treatment.This improves the quality and at times the quantity of the eggs too.
    I had only 5 eggs retrieved of which all 5 fertilised.We dont have sperm issues just the quantity of eggs.OF the five one was grade 1 and two eggs were grade two,remaining 2 were grade 3.