High prolactin levels..please help me !!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pallavik96, Jan 10, 2013.

1. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Recently i had an appointment with the doctor and the doctor told me to check the prolactin level as i m on ttc for last 3 years.I don't have PCOS and period cycles are also regular.After the blood test,my prolactin levels are high 44.46. As i m on ttc,i m very tensed.As the prolactin levels are high, can't i conceive? Please help me ladies...what should i do? please help me....

2. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pallavi,

It is not that you can't conceive with high prolactin count. You can bring down the count by taking proper medication. I too had a count of 55.45 when I tested first time for my prolactin count and with in a month of medication it dropped to 14.23 , but it kept fluctuating , touch wood for the past few months it's around 2.(my doctor says lesser the better) ...

But just a suggestion , do check your TSH levels as well, as I read some where that both prolactin and Thyroid are inter related so if one goes high the chances of the other could be high too... I am not trying to scare you... Just informing you to check that too clear out the options. As in my case after hyper prolactinamia I was detected with hypo thyroid.

Don't worry dear,.. Have loads of trust on God, as any miracle can happen anytime if HIS blessings are there..

Good luck

3. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

If prolactin levels are high then TSH will also be high...i will get the TSH level test too then...But if Prolactin levels are high then is it very difficult to conceive? what are the symptoms of hypo thyroid?

4. luckwaves

luckwaves Platinum IL'ite

I wouldn't say it's difficult to conceive rather I would say its easy to bring down the levels if you religiously follow the medication... Though I am still in TTC but for different reasons.

A small info about prolactin whic I know :

Prolactin inhibit two hormones necessary for ovulation: follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and gonadotropin releasing hormone (GnRH). When you have high levels of prolactin in your blood (a condition called hyperprolactinemia), you will not ovulate and this will result in infertility. This anovulation can also cause you to have irregular cycles.

Symptoms of Hypo thyroid differs from person to person dear... Most common symptoms are weight gain, irregular periods ... But to be frank in my case I did not had any till it was detected.

1 person likes this.
  5. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

i m agrred with lukwaves.prolactin high is related with high tsh

i had pcod,high prolactin and later it was found both r due to hypothyroidism.

for prolactin and high tsh medication is simple but u need to monitor ur diet ,take less sugar diet and also do exercise.

dont worry.

6. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

what tablets are to be taken to reduce prolactin levels within a month? plz drop ur advices ladies??