Pcos and trying to conceive

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by kee, Oct 24, 2012.

1. kee

kee New IL'ite

I have been diagnosed with pcod and now taking clomid.I used to have a long working hours in office.Now as i am taking treatment i thought i would take a break of 3 months and try to conceive.Is it necessary to take a break i am really confused will it help me try to concieve.

2. Devika21

Devika21 Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    Hi Kee,

I was diagnosed with PCOS in April 2012. Prior to that I had three miscarriage, probably due to poor egg quality due to PCOS. Then I took Clomid treatment from May 2012 to Aug 2012. The follicles grew well, but I did not conceive. Then I stopped Clomid in Sept 2012 due to its side effects. Clomid can cause ovarian cancer if taken for a long time and affect uterine lining. I took homeopathy medicines for PCOS for 1 month and I conceived by its help in Sept 2012. Now I am eight weeks pregnant. I have even recommended this homeopathy medicines to my sister in law having similar problem, she is also trying it. I would say you also go for it. If you want I can tell you the names of homeopathy medicines that I took, you can consult your homeopathy doctor and then ask for similar medicines thats appropriate for your case.

Don't worry as this can be cured.

Regards,
    Devika

3. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hello kee,

Welcome to IL Health Forum. PCOs is a very common factor among ladies and there are many who have conceived successfully.

If your stress level is more, it is always better to take a break (provided you are comfortable with it) and relax.

Go through the following links which will throw more light on PCOD and conception.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/194772-useful-and-relevant-threads-pcos.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/gynaecology/195558-weekly-health-digest-do-you.html
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/g...dex-important-useful-threads.html#post2503712

Lots of baby dust to you and best wishes.

4. AVA167

AVA167 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this site so am not sure if I am posting in the right forum.Me and my DH are 30 yrs old and ttc frm 6 months now.Dr said might be PCOS so tests are currently going on.would any of you kindly tell me some natural remedies for treating this problem.Does Ashokarishta (ayurvedic tonic) help? ​

5. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kee,

if you are TTC its better to avoid stress at all costs as that doest aid conception

so while you are getting medical help for PCOs,maybe you can make some lifestyle and work related changes...like coming home bit earlier, eating nutritious food, avoiding junk , regular walking etc...

Wish u all the best

1 person likes this.
  7. Annapurna3

Annapurna3 New IL'ite

Hi..Asokarishtam is one of the good ayurvedic medicine for uterus health.. Other ayurvedic medicines can also help.. Good luck to you..

8. muskan87

muskan87 New IL'ite

i was also sufferin from PCOD about a year n a half back.
    it was a horrible phase of my life. cos of this i couldnt even concieve after 4 yrs of my marriage.
    i tried all medications and other measures lik dieting n joggin n yoga n all.
    but nothing prooved to be successfull.

then my father adviced me to consult a senior herbal doctor for this purpose.
    initially i was not too convinced
    but after meetin them once my view point changed.

he explained me the enitre pathology of pcod in a very simple way.

"when u try to loose wt u stop eatin good things then the egg or the follicle growth is seriously affected.
    and wen u eat then all the nutrients go to develop multiple cysts.
    the prob is ,all the nutrition is not reachin one single dominant follicle but gets spread to numerous follicles.
    hence multiple follicles develop.

and bcos it is the ovary which has to produce hormones as well.
    its functioning gets deaarranged,

THIS IS THE AYURVEDIC VIEWPOINT.
    WE NEED TO CHANNELISE THIS NUTRITION SO AS TO DEVELOP ONE HEALTHY EGG.
    AND SIMULTANEOUSLY DISSOLVE THE UNREQUIRED CYSTS.
    HENCE NORMALISING THE OVARIAN FUNCTION OF EGG AS WELL AS HORMONE PRODUCTION.

FOLLOWING THIS TRACK THEY FORMULATED MY MEDICINES AS PER MY BODY'S NEEDS AND SUITABILITY.
    this therapy worked wonders for me !!!!!
    smart ayurvedic aaproach helped me get rid of pcod and nw i m 3 months pregnant.
    i m so grateful to dr uppal 9810155168
    i m still in touch with him to consult almost every health issue tht bothers my family.

this was my experience with ayurveda.
    i hope it'll work good in ur case too.
    tc
    muskan

9. muskan87

muskan87 New IL'ite

this is my old reply.
    nw i m 6 months pregnant.
    everything is going fine.
    dr uppal has also given good antenatal advices to me as per ayurveda.
    its called "garbhini parichariya"
    ayurveda is truly impressive.
    do consider ayurveda.
    muskan

10. ArtsSorts

ArtsSorts Silver IL'ite

Hi Muskan,

Where is Dr. Uppal based out of? Would he have any contacts in Hyderabad?

Can you share the medicine names he gave you?
    Thanks

ArtsSorts