irregular periods

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by suryabalajinr, Sep 13, 2012.

1. suryabalajinr

suryabalajinr Junior IL'ite

Hi everyone...
    I have got irregular periods and before marriage it was a kind of regular periods but after marriage i gained weight (now i am 64 kg and height is 5'1''). when visited a ob/gyn she told me to reduce my weight to regularise my periods and also to bring back my harmone levels to normal..we are planning for a child from the past 3 months. Now my concern is in order to reduce weight i am planning to go for jogging, playing tennis, Cycling, exercise in an elliptical machine and be in a healthy diet. By doing these stuffs, will this affect me from getting pregnant. my elders are advising me not to strain much, but how can i reduce weight without doing any of these stuffs..:drowning
    Any one help plsssss...

2. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hey.. i am also in the same situation like you. i am not sure about the exercise routine, but what i am sure about is doing yoga. you can surf for the ''yoga for infertility'' on youtube. i can bet you as i too had irregular periods and absence of ovulation, but doing yoga made me ovulation naturally without any medication (god's grace)..
    all the best .. do yoga, breathing exercise & be stress free,but dont do heavy exercises.
    lots ob baby dust!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. NaveenaSasi

NaveenaSasi Gold IL'ite

Hi Suryabalajinr,

I was gng thru threads in IL and came across ur post. I know this is late reply..:bonk I dunno whether ur successful in trying to conceive now. If not, here are my suggestions to u..

U can try reducing weight and get pregnant at the same time.. For that, u have to follow a strict diet(like avoiding snacks, fired items, etc) and eat all healthy supplements. Take negative calorie foods like(apple, orange, etc). Fill ur stomach with fruits and vegetables and limit rice to one time a day. U can go for a brisk walk everyday for atleast an hour. Carry out some mild exercises or yoga (for 15 min per day) at home. Please avoid doing any abs or stretching exercises. This would definitely help u lose weight atleast 2 kgs per month in a healthy manner. I understand from ur post that you are not that much out of bounds. So u cud easily make it.

Apart from these keep ur mind relaxed and stress free. Also dont forget to take folic acid supplement since ur preparing for ur pregnancy.

Wishing all the baby dusts to u :thumbsup