Let's track post IUI symptoms..!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by helpmeangel, Jun 19, 2012.

1. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

hi Divya,

My follicle size was 22MM and hence doctor told me I should either have ovulated or will do so that day. Did you know why the miscarriage took place? did doctor give you any suggestions on how to take care of yourself? When do one go for injections? Also, when was your trigger shot and IUI gap?

2. helpmeangel

hi Keeraj,

Welcome to "let's post IUI symptoms" thread. Please share your TTC story with us. We will give you good guidance towards IUI and the many symptoms it poses.

3. helpmeangel

Hi All,

Today is the 3rd day of my 3rd IUI cycle. I am/will be taking medications. As of today, no symptoms. Will keep you all updated.

Regards,
    Helpmeangel

4. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,
    Got my beta HCG checked yesterday. It was BFN. Now waiting for AF to start new cycle of medications.

S

5. helpmeangel

hi Saudamini,

can u please let us know which cycle is this for you? what is the medication you are taking? and a little bit of your TTC journey please.
    Baby dust to you dear and for all of us, so that the next cycle is ours.

6. divyashetty18

divyashetty18 Senior IL'ite

Some doctors directly use combination of injections and medicines and later go to only injections. Some doctors initially try only with oral medicine and then move on to injections. It all depends on the doctors.

The gap between trigger and IUI is about 38-40 hours. But the HCG shot is given when follicle size is 18mm.

7. helpmeangel

hi Divya,

Maybe since my follicle size was more, they just did a progesterone test to see if I have already ovulated. The result was 2 which implied I have not ovulated. Hence they put the HCG injection the previous day and IUI the next. But it is a good point though. This month I will bring it up with the doctor for this cycle.

My doctor says since I ovulate on just the medicines, she does not want me to move on to injectibles.

Which day of the cycle are you in? What did the doctors say for you?

8. misbahjawad

misbahjawad New IL'ite

could u plz tell me the words called BFN , AF. i dont know wat they mean. thanks

9. helpmeangel

hi misbahjawad,

BFN means Big Fat No (that means a pregnancy test is negative).
    AF means Aunt Flow (Monthly Periods).

Thanks.

10. saudamini

saudamini Bronze IL'ite

Hi angel,
    This was the first IUI with my new doctor. Earlier I had 1 failed IUI.

My TTC journey in short - Have been married for 8 years, have been trying for 5 years. I am having PCOS and am anovulatory with insulin resistance. Would be 34 years on this 30th, so age is certainly not on my side.

Have tried all types of treatment (allopathy, homeopathy, ayurvedic), though I must admit that I have not been consistent. Currently I am going to Dr. Abha Majumdar in Delhi (she is renowned for her IVF success rate). They have not given me any metformin, but in last cycle I was given Supradopin injections and folligraf injections (75 IU which was increased to 150 IU) for ovulation. Post IUI I was given Progynova tabs, Gestum tabs (progesterone tab), loprin and folic acid tab.

Since beta hcg was negative, I am waiting for AF now to start the new cycle.

Have become overweight also, was 62 kg am now 60 (reduced 2 kgs). Currently I am focussing on reducing my weight and have started a new thread in the 'keep fit and maintain shape' forum for 21 days challenge to have exercise at least for 10 minutes. Maybe you can join me there.

I am also trying to improve my diet and would soon post them too.

Tons of baby dust to all TTC ladies.

Cheers
    S