Torch Results Questions

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by lechu, Jun 14, 2012.

1. lechu

lechu Senior IL'ite

Friends... I had miscarriage during Feb. Went through Torch test. Toxo igg was positive and igm negative. Rubella igg positive, igm negative. CMV igg positive, igm equivocal. I was on antibiotics for two months, and every month i had toxo igg and cmv igg tests done. The count has come down considerably for toxo (though not negative). CMV igg shows a very slight decrease (again, not negative). Dr. says it is fine, since the count is coming down and says no issues if we try for pregnancy. I'm still unsure and worried since the count is not negative yet. Is that an issue? Should I go for rubella test again? Any views? If you are aware of these factors, kindly reply. The articles in the net are confusing me the more.

2. cin510

cin510 New IL'ite

Hi lechu,
    Sorry for your loss.
    as my dr said, any IGg indicates past infection and IGm indicates present infection. IGg is +ve and IGm is -ve means, right now u dont have any infection.. antibiotics for two months....its just a precaution.
    Good luck, lots of baby dust to you.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. lechu

lechu Senior IL'ite

Thanks much dear.... That confirms what I read in the net. Hoping for the best.

4. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Lechu, how r u now?

i am not aware,on what basis do Drs suggest Torch test?

any other info that you have on this