IVF medication for U.S.Citizens/Permanent Residents-Compassionate Care Program

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Shanmukhabhavan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Dear Friends and Moderators!

This is just an information I am passing on to who have been burdened by not having IF insurance, but not intended to do any business. I am no way related to these people. I got benefited through this and thought of sharing with you as well and help fellow ILs to be benefited as well.

This I came to know through my RE, he suggested for us to try this. By god’s grace we have been approved and also got my free one Gonal-F and one OVidrel.

There is a program called Compassionate Care Program offered by Fertility LifeLines, if you enroll and qualify for it, you will get free medication (Gonal-f, Cetrotide and Ovidril) for one IVF cycle for once in lifetime through Freedom Fertility Pharmacy. They will give you the medication depends on your doc prescription and they will send those directly to your doc’s office and you need to pick that up from there. The process takes around a week so give your self at least that before you are due to start meds. I sent them my application on Tuesday and I heard back on Friday saying that I am approved.

The people are very warm and friendly. They even send you with the application some useful information and instructions videos on their website. Give it a try. For more info you can google it with the name compassionate care program and you will find lot of forums and their website.

Process:

Call the number 1-866-lets try (1-866-538-7879) and ask about the program since you have to call them before the application send in.

They will ask you few questions/requirements

Then they will send you via post (mail)/fax the application. They do not send emails.
    Your Fax Number should be your personal one, they do not send it to business fax numbers.

You fill that up and attach all supporting documents and send them back either fax or mail (post), but not by email.

Some committee will review your application and let you know in a week whether you are approved or not.

Once you are approved then they will call your doc office and ask the medication and they will send the meds to your doc office and they will call you and inform the same.

Then you go to your doc office and pick them up.

Requirements:

Though it depends on various factors that go into the outcome but generally these are the things that they first ask for:

Patient must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)

Patient must not have IF insurance and paying from out of pocket

Family income must be under $100,000 per year (but it varies person to person I think, I saw in other forums there people were asked $86000 per year)

Patient must currently be undergoing treatment with a doctor familiar with infertility management

You can only use this program once and it should be your first time for this program

Supporting documents:

Past (2011) one year Tax Returns – first two pages

Two recent pay stubs, if you are not working then your husband’s pay stubs

Proof of immigration status (Copy of Green card/Passport if Citizen)

Health Insurance Card/Pharmacy card

Past 12 months out of pocket infertility treatment expenses.
    (It could be a bank statement, bills, fertility loans etc)

I hope and pray other fellow Ils also would get benefited from this and atleast they can be survived from paying loan or medical expenses atleast for one cycle. [/JUSTIFY]

1 person likes this.

2. Kiya

Kiya Senior IL'ite

Thank You for sharing this very important information with all of us.

Good luck with your cycle.

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bhavani,
    Hope people will find it useful! I will add the link in the A-Z thread!
    Take care!

4. Shanmukhabhavan

Shanmukhabhavan Silver IL'ite

Sounds good Vasu! hope atleast one Il would get benefited from it, I would be very happy.

My pleasure dear Kiya! Good luck!

Thanks for your like dear Chandrika82!