PCOS and success

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by eager2mom, May 17, 2012.

1. eager2mom

eager2mom New IL'ite

Hi ladies..I am just diagnosed with mild PCOS..My doctor put me on metmorphin..

I am very afraid if I can concevie or not..even if I conceive will there be any effects on my baby ? Can I give birth to a healthy child ? I am getting all bad thoughts after hearing the news that I have PCOS..pls help me..

2. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Eager2mom,

Dont worry. It can be cureable. Please follow the doctor instructions. Hope you have referred so many threads in IL. I am also havin PCOS problem. taking treatment. doctor asked me to wait 2 months. My doctoct advised me that until your thyroid level decreased you should not get pregnant. this is my 2nd cycle of treatment. when identified the PCOS my thyroid level in >105 (on feb). after two months completed again i met doctor with the latest blood report. now i am having 16 :). it should get reduce as .5. for that he gave tablets and increased the tablet dosage.

Eat healthy food. dont get tension. it came because of stress only. after i found PCOS mostly i am avoiding stress. Take iron rich food. if you follow your doctor prescription definately your PCOS problem will get resovled.

all the best...

3. Rajapriyab

Rajapriyab Bronze IL'ite

Hi Eager2mom,

Dont worry dear.. Even i have PCOS and doctor put me into medicines.. U know what I hate tablets so i havent take that tablets also properly.. instead of that i started to do physical activities to reduce my weight and had iron rich foods and iron syrup too.. In next month itself got conceived and delivered a cute healthy baby on last october 2011.. So PCOS is not at all problem and it wont have any effects on your baby..Take medicines and be positive.. Take care and all the best :)

1 person likes this.
  4. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Hi rajapriya, may i know on which tablets doctor had prescribed.Even i have mild PCOS as well as two external piles..Do piles will prevent me to conceive? i take brisk walk every morning and am trying to reduce my weight..took metformin for 7 days,had severe loose motion,so had to leave that..now not on any medication...so thought to seek guidance from u...Please help me...

5. 1202

1202 New IL'ite

Hi
    I too have PCOS. I am 3 mths married. Since we plan to have a baby next year Dr has put me on Yasmin. You said u took some iron supplements can you tell me what. I am very worried that i may not be able to conceive and sometimes wish we should plan a baby right away but right now the circumstances aint suitable and we are just married.

6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya,

I am also having PCOS. but doctore advised me that dont get period with thyroid. taking tablet regularly. i am not fat that much but going walk and doing physical exercise by doing houshold work. Did you take thyroid tablet for you PCOS??

7. PanMan

PanMan New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I was also diagnosed with PCOS long time back and knew since then that it would affect my fertility + other probs. After 1.5 yrs of marriage we were ready start a family but I knew beforehand that I would have to undergo long fertility treatments. Before giving a serious try , I researched web extensively , changed diet and statrted swimming / walk etc and tried to loose 2-3 kgs (although I had normal body weight) withing 2 months. I researched about the herbal drug "VITEX" which is easily available here in US (dont know about India). Tried the drug+excercise controlled healthy diet + regular intercourse (as PCOS have delayed or no ovulation) and got the results in 2 months.
    Yes we are expecting now..

I just want to tell all PCOS sufferers , dont be depressed, seriously try to change the lifestyle and about "Vitex" , its a herbal drug but please research and consult a doctor before taking it.I always had cycle length somewhere between 35-40 , somethimes 42, 55 even 60 once. Though I did regular yoga and tried homeopathy for sometime and I guess it was effective.

Found on internet that loosing 5% of weight stimulates ovulation in PCOS case.

Go for it!!

2 people like this.
  8. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

Hi eager2mom,

PCOS has become very common in women nowadays. So dont let the fear eat your head.

Iam having PCOS. I knew about the issue before marriage it self. As soon as i got married, i wanted to start family and i lost around 8 kgs of weight .. Got pregnant on my first attempt itself

Doctor had put me on metformin till 25th week of pregnancy.

So cheer up.

Loads of baby dust to everyone :)

Cheers
    Sweetlife

9. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Dear Eager2mom,

I too had PCOS and took the same medicine. I was not regular in taking metformin, not much results were there. The doctor and my DH were more confident that i will conceive. I started taking metformin regularly, reduced nearly 10kgs weight and had lots of positive thoughts, and finally the miracle happened. yes i conceived and have got twin little angels. they are completing 3 years in august, they r healthy and very active kids. I had them after 6 years of marriage, God had answered our prayers and gave a bonus also. Life changed totally after that.

So, throw away bad/negative thoughts. Be positive and cheerful. These medicines r very safe and will not have any effects on ur baby. U will have a healthy baby.

all the best and share the good news soon

shara

1 person likes this.
  10. aishuanand

aishuanand Bronze IL'ite

hi eager2mom,
    count me too in the list i have pcos, after 1 year of marriage i started to plan my baby with no positive results i was diagnosed with pcos,started my treatment with metformin, clomid, lost almost 10-12 kgs in 9 months and got conceived. my baby is well healthy and now 19 months old. dont lose your hopes and prayers and 1 more thing i definitely have to tell here during these process i got so much depression and stress, only becoz of the friends i got from IL i got the ray of hope and got this success so dont worry All the best......