How long after implantation spotting should i take home pregnancy test ?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by simplegal85, Apr 30, 2012.

1. simplegal85

simplegal85 Junior IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I am 26 and trying to get pregnant.I got my preiods on Mar 31 and me and my DH involved in *** for 4 days from Apr 13 to Apr 16.On Apr 22 I saw some pink spotting when I wiped the tissue.I thougt it could be implantation bleeding and I could be pregnant.I waited 1 week and yesterday Apr 29 I tested using the clear blue digital pregnancy test and it came out negative :( .

I wanted to know if I tested too early ,shall I have to wait for more days to know the result ? If any one came across the same situation\any idea please share your stories ?Is that implantation spotting , if so how after how many days should I test for pregnancy ?

Thanks,
    simplegal

2. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

digital pregnancy test confirms 5 days early to ur due date...
    sometimes ur HCG might be low to detect...
    how many days cycle is yours?
    if u have regular cycle, then check after 2-3 days of missing the date...

3. simplegal85

thank you subha for the quik reply..mine is 30-33 days cycle..may be I have to wait 10 more days if I dont get a period then I will check again..

4. aries1204

aries1204 Silver IL'ite

Simplegirl

U told us you were in BD from 13th to 16th , did u confirm by ovulation kit?? if you were ovulating during this time.
    if you have 30 -33 days cycle that means your ovulation is late by a week. Your correct ovulation should be 14 days minus your next period start date which should have been around 14-18th. Sometimes little bleeding signifies ovulation.

5. simplegal85

Hi aries1204..may be u r right..i do not know when i ovulated..yeah mine is 30-33 days cycle..but i never had spotting before..i searched in google and read about this implantation bleeding..so thought it would be a pregnancy symptom..

6. LavanyaNashine

LavanyaNashine New IL'ite

Hi Everyone..am new to this group but have always sought or help from this group by reading comments and suggestions offered to others..today i need ur help..am 28 yr old married for last 3 yrs and have been trying to concieve for last 2 yrs..my husband was detected with fertility issues (low sperm count & motility)..and he was taking homeopathic medicine for the same...now i was expecting my periods on 25th jan,2013...generally my dates are delayed or preponed by 2-3 days...i have noticed 2-3 spots of blood on my panties or pad for the last 1 week...i am scared to take a home pregnancy test..it always gives me a negative result..wat do u think i should do,i have appointment with my doctor on 3rd fen..should i wait till then or should i go for a test as suggested by my mom..is it a risk i am taking for my child just in case i am pregnant? Need ur help..trusting u all..

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lavanya,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...
    You can wait till you miss your periods or can meet your doc in the scheduled appointment. Don't hurry unnecessarily. It might be early for the HPTs to give the clear results. Hope things will turn out positive for you. All the best.

8. LavanyaNashine

LavanyaNashine New IL'ite

I met the gyn today..did a blood test which says weak positive..dont know what to decipher..sample has now been given for beta hcg test..fingers crossed..am nervous/scared? Plz pray for me

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Repeating the test after 48 hours should show doubling of hCG count, in that case pregnancy will get confirmed. Hope your pregnancy will get confirmed soon! All the best!

10. aditibose78

aditibose78 Silver IL'ite

Dear Il'ites, for all those of you who are actively trying to get pregnant and have missed your periods, do read this: A Beginners Guide to the Pregnancy Test Kit. It will answer all your questions regarding testing for pregnancy in the privacy of your home.