"Any Good news" !!!!

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by radsanush, Apr 26, 2012.

1. radsanush

radsanush Bronze IL'ite

Firstly I hope am posting this in the right forum. If not pls correct me. Since this forum is for TTC , am wondering how many of you have faced ppl asking you "any good news?" crap . I face it almost once a day atleast from someone. But there is a difference. Some people ask you really with genuine concern - like ur mom , mom-in-law , sister , friends. Initially I hated it even when my mom asked it as I was not ready for a baby yet. But now I have slowly started to grow over it & understand her concern. But!!!! I have been asked by "MEN" who I barely knew (from my ex-job) ..Wow!! how frustrating can that be..thru fb , gchat ..they ping to talk generally but end up asking "any good news" ..This just didnt happen once or twice.many times. I don't mind when my friends who are guys ask me. but somebody you know only bcos u work in the same place asks!!Whats up with men these days am wondering. What am I supposed to answer..More than the frustration , its really surprising me to see that guys can go up to a girl to ask if she is getting preggy...I just ignore these characters & don't bother replying them. But this kept me thinking abt the way guys are nowadays.. shud I think they are "cool dudes" :) and am "not so cool":bonk... pour in your thoughts!!

2. roshnikandoi

roshnikandoi Silver IL'ite

dear radsanush ,
    I can exactly feel what you are feeling like ....its a very irritating feeling ...and off course those guys are "not so cool " ...I mean it is none of their business to poke their nose in others's absolutely private and personal matters .....and what hell will break loose in their lives just in case there is a good news indeed !....will it affect them in anyway? ....?

3. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

That is one of the most annoying questions ever! I get asked all the time I got married in 2010 (age 20) now I will be 23 soon and people have began to ask. My entire life I have had the habit of eating lemon so that only increases the questions lol.

4. radsanush

radsanush Bronze IL'ite

yeah exactly !! how is me getting preggy is a "good news" for them...anyways am not getting affected nowadays asmuchas 2 years back ..maybe maturity over the age :)..

2 people like this.
  5. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

Trust me it was so irritating.its been 4 yrs that am married and have been hearing the same thing from 3 yrs..i used to say when it happens u will be the first one to knw..till then please dont ask...even best of best friends ask even though they know everything..

6. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

yes, truly irritating question ever.. I have fought with people for asking it so often, say every time they meet me or chat with me thru fb.. this is how it goes..

"hi, hru.. any good news..":rant

i shall say " you need not ask me, if i like to tell you anything i will, until then please talk about something else!!"" :rotfl

3 people like this.
  7. OCdesigirl

OCdesigirl Gold IL'ite

lol I told my DH's relatives that I will let them know when the good news happens even before i tell my Husband lol that kept them quiet.

4 people like this.
  8. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

whenever someone asks me on chat or on FB...when is the good news....i simply wink and tell them "work in progress..."

16 people like this.
  9. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl

10. curious28

curious28 Silver IL'ite

hahahahaha gud one dear :)