TTC with Anti-Thyroid Antibodies and Hypothyroid-IUI

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by miraclemagic, Feb 11, 2012.

1. sweetnilla

sweetnilla Senior IL'ite

one more thing miracle magic :

The thyroid hormone supplements should be taken early am, empty stomach atleast 30 min-1 hr before breakfast.

Here we have brands(made by the company ) and generic(made by any manufacturer) vary quite a bit. generally we tell pts to stick to one manufacturer.

I think you said your hormone levels are stable now. So the above is just for FYI.

Also once you get pregnant your thyroid hormone requirements will increase quite a bit and your endocrinologist will increase the dose. Make sure you call your endocrinologist as soon as you get a positive test for pregnancy.

Cheers

2. miraclemagic

miraclemagic New IL'ite

Thanks Sweet Nila,
    Really appreciate it. Yeah will definitely keep all posted regarding my developments to help out other patients with a similar condition.
    Fingers,toes,eyes...everything crossed for this cycle!:)

3. LittleSparrow

LittleSparrow New IL'ite

Thanks Sweetnila.. I too am TTC..(atleat started to think about it :hide:)
    Had lots of doubt.. but reading through your post i felt a bit better and got information..

Hey Miraclemagic how are you?? lots of good wishes to you dear!!
    Cheers!!

4. babasgirl

babasgirl New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I know this thread is quite old. But wanted to ask if I need to talk to my RE about prednisone? I had my first IUI and it was a bust. Also My antithyroid antibodies test came back positive with a value of 118 ? my TSH has been abnormal for two months now, but after a lot of trial and experimentation it is at 1.73 now ? I am really worried . Appreciate any kind of help that I may get :)