want to get pregnant with thyroid and PCOs

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by tweety23, Oct 10, 2011.

1. injustice

injustice Bronze IL'ite

Hi jhansi,
    Symptoms are nausea, bloating stomach, heavy breasts, or cant eat food.

So disturbed like so on...

Can you tell your ladt three cycles dates.

2. jhansidevikanna

jhansidevikanna Junior IL'ite

Hi injus..,

thanks, my periods r irregular since i got it, i hav thyroid & under medication. i got periods my on 11/01/2012. on

yeah i feel i put on little weight, breast size has increased, feeling sleepy every time, & always feelg hungry...

3. jogu07

jogu07 Gold IL'ite

Hey Jhansi....

If you are experiencing these symptoms and the HPT result is BFN, better consult your gyane....

Also, go for a blood test to confirm...!!!

Good Luck and lots of baby dust to u...!!! Keep us informed..!!!:thumbsup

4. injustice

injustice Bronze IL'ite

Hey yes. Hope it is pregnancy.

Just go to your gyneac and give blood test. Blood test is more accurate than hpt.
    Believe me. I had ths exp so go to blood test.

Goodluck to you.

5. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

TTC with PCOD & Thyroid..pls suggest

AM with pcod prob from past 2 yrs and married above 1.5 yr, trying to convive from the day 1,Last month i was on injections and tablets for Ovulation with Sustain tabs but it ended up to periods again My mil is torcturing me like anything husb is quiet supportive but in this matter he is unable to say anythign to his mom recently we hav done with some tests this week, my thriod level was 8.94 knw it cam to normal 2.74 and my HIV AND Heppataties also negative and my husbs semen analyasis test was also done adn the count is 46 mil..but still i have this PCOD prob and i dnt knw y am incresing my weigt continously from past 2 months mainly the abdominal part have been lik a ballon, i was 57 kgs last yr knw am 66 kgs.. am increasing my weigt day by day evn feeling very conjusted after having fud...pls advice me on this ladies...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  6. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

Re: TTC with PCOD & Thyroid..pls suggest

Dear Sowjanya,

I can understand ur prob as i underwent this recently (lasty year).

PCOD is an unnecessary evil in our body many girls have this prob. This is the main reason we put on weight also. To control PCOD docs give harmone tabs and as a result we end up bulging in lower parts.

In my case i was first diagnoised as PCOD later they found 1 very big cyst for which i underwent operation. Doc cleared both PCOD and Cyst in this operation. Now im better and trying to conceive. First consult some good doc and seek advice reg PCOD. I was put on M2tone after operation for 2 months. You can ask doc regarding this tab as well. Dont worry everything will be fine. Practice yoga this will help you control weight and will maintain your hormonal balance. once your periods get regularised you can conceive.

Hope this is help ful.

7. djain

djain Bronze IL'ite

Totally agree with Zainab!
    even mine was similar case, diagnosed with PCOD & then underwent for a surgery to remove a big cyst which couldn't be dissolve through medicines.

so don't worry & get consulation from gud doc regarding PCOD.
    Stress is killer...

- Dharini

8. aashuabhi

aashuabhi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I also have PCOD problem. I don't get periods on my own and i take 2 tabs of Meprate everymonth to get periods. Although after taking tabs, it comes like normal for 4-5 days.

I have been married for 2 years now and we are planning for baby.

I am thinking how will i get to know if i conceive and do i need some kind of medication to conceive?

I asked my doctor she said that i need to test with pregnancy kit before taking Meprate tablet. Will that be enough? Are there any problems in conceiving due to this problem :(.. I am really worried about it.

9. sowjanya02

sowjanya02 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the reply zainab..

i was on tablets almost all from past 2 yrs recnlty i have changed a doctor last month shehav put me on to injections and tablets for ovulation..for pcod i was on yoga and regular diet but this is not helping me out.. and knw due to stomch pain last month as i was on injections had severe stomch pain so doctor advised me not to go for any excerises only walking which is not possible for me to go in the mornings and i am a wokring women so by the time reach home it wold be around 8.30 in de nite coz my MIl i hav joined the job...so am not geting time to go for walk anythign else i can do for this PCOD and to concive
    my periods are irregular i dnt knw wen do i ovulate sum times 2 months sum times
    days gap

10. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Hi sowjanya02,

I guess the ladies above have already said enough. I was also diagnosed with PCOD almost 4 years back, a year after we started trying to conceive. Have always had super irregular periods and usually never ovulate. Been on medication ever since. And true, can't escape from the weight issues dear. Try your best, but never feel down or depressed.
    The first advise my doc gave me was - depression affects the mind and the body. With PCOD it created such turmoil. The hormone levels go the exact other way as compared to what they should be.

I understand the pressure you face at home. Good you have a job to stay away even if it is for a few hours in the day. Try joining a gym. Go there straight from work and use the treadmill and then come home. That saves you the time and you'll get what exercise you might need to help the weight loss. Plus, am sure your MIL will understand when you tell her you are doing this to get pregnant. Rest, let your husband handle.

Try to reduce the tension from work for a couple of months to set your health right. As for the pains, they are quite normal dear. I don't work. But on my lady days of the month, I practically just lay around the house for 3 or even 4 days writhing in pain, eating bananas and yoghurt all day long. But you eat better cos you are going out for work. Have snacks around and eat every few hours. You'll need the energy to keep you going all day.
    I keep getting told all will change after we give birth once. Hoping that is true..lol

Relax for now. Ask your husband to join you for walks after dinner if nothing else works out. Even a 20 or 30 minute walk in your street should be good and will help you calm down after the day's business. Tell him you'll need a little more support from him for a few months until things fall into place. Am sure he'll understand. Try to change your routine slowly and find ways to lay off stress. Am sure it will all help.

All the best and Baby dust to you. :)