Is it possible for pcos to get cured in 2 months..??

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Dolphi, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Dolphi

Dolphi New IL'ite

I took this scan some 2 months ago.. and it said "suggestive of polycystic ovary syndrome".. So i have been taking metformin 500mg.. and my gynecologist asked me to run thyroid, sugar test, HSG and follicle study scan.. First, I have regular periods(30 to 32 days).. Now diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism(T3, T4 - normal and high TSH), normal sugar, no fallopian blockage.. Finally in this follicle study before 4 days, the report said that my ovaries are normal.. Is that possible or it may be a misinterpretation..?? But my gynecologist told me to continue metformin.. Is metformin only for regulating my periods or it has some other myth..?? Please help me.. I am really very scared..

2. manasmadhu

manasmadhu New IL'ite

Hi Dol[hi

Dont worry metformin is the usual tablets prescribed by doctors when they identify it as pcod. The further treatements will be decided with all the further tests. Just relax pcod is not a disease to be cured it in two months time it is just like a disorder which has to treated through various analysis. Just be brave.

priya

3. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

@dolphi... even i had the same issues as you have mentioned. pcod and hypothyrodism...

there is nothing to worry- i was on metformin 850mg (thrice daily) and thyroxine 50 mg (once dailly)... along with this i was controlling my sugar intake (my sugar levels were normal) and was being active with exercises..

with a healthy lifestyle, your periods will become normal very soon (in my case-it took about 2 months); with metformin initially you will have issues such as diarohhea and nausea; but that is just for a while and continue with the medicine and with your diet and exercises. with this you can surely bring pcod in your control :)

metformin is a wonderful drug in regulating your system... this is from my experience :)

2 people like this.
  4. Dolphi

Dolphi New IL'ite

Thanx manasmadhu.. I am trying to take it easy but sometimes i break down..

@sitharaj
    Yes, I have that nausea feeling after that metformin.. So I would just sleep immediately after taking it..!! :) Actually i have regular periods.. and that final follicle study scan report i had before 4 days said that i have normal ovaries and dont have pcos and my egg is matured enough..!! Thats why i got confused and scared..

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dolphin,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here!
    May be you are in borderline PCOS. PCOS starts with thyroid/prolactin imbalance. Good that recent scans shows good progress. May be Metformin helps you to control the PCOS. You can continue to take Metformin until you conceive or until your doc asks you to stop. If you are confused/worried, check with your gynec! They are the better judge to our body conditions! All the best!
    Baby dust to you.

6. Dolphi

Dolphi New IL'ite

Thanx a lot Vasumathy..! I didnt even imagine that i would have thyroid probs..!! But thank God I found it in an earlier stage..!! These tests have made me upset so much especially HSG..! Its like a nightmare.. Still cant come out of it..! myself and my dh never had any probs in our s-x life.. but after these tests, i feel hesitant (hope u understand).. I am fighting against me..

7. vijjis

vijjis Bronze IL'ite

hi dolphi,

what is ur tsh level.
    for pcos avoid drinking water from plastic bottles.

8. Dolphi

Dolphi New IL'ite

Hi vijjis,
    My tsh was around 11.. I think the normal range is from 0.5 to 5...

9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dolphi,
    Its always good that we find out the problem, so that we can act according. So be happy for that part. HSG is the toughest one in the initial stage of TTC, it increases our worries. My first set of test covered HSG & felt horrible! It took long time to settle down after that! 3+ years of medication didn't bring anything good in the line of baby! Still hoping for the best & aiming at the stress reduction. Hope the day arrives soon!
    Coming to you.. try to relax, forget all worries, treatments & enjoy your life as much as you can. Hope all will go well! All the best. Baby dust to you.

10. Dolphi

Dolphi New IL'ite

I can definitely understand if HSG was among ur first set of tests.. Let ur day arrive really soon..!
    Actually Im not a stressful kinda person.. But wen it comes to ttc, i really cant handle it..!! So i did one thing.. Forgot wat my cd is.!! Got a bit of help from my mom and my dh this month.. asked them to keep track and to never expose it to me.. Dunno if this will help.. But i am trying not to think about it..!! This s my first follicle scan report telling me that one of my follicle size is 21 mm and my endometrium is 8.8 mm..!! Hope everything fall into places..! :)