14 dp iui and negative hpt ....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vldelhi, Jan 9, 2012.

1. vldelhi

vldelhi Senior IL'ite

Hi

I have hpt today early morning (I-can kit) and it came negative ......

I am so broken .....crying from morning ,this was my first iui ,my period date is 10 th jan and havent got periods ...Am i still in game or its negative only??.....

M doc told me to take test but it came negative .....
    My query is ...is this happens that on 14 dp iui negative results and then after 2-3 days you can get positive results if you dont get periods?? ...and i was on progesterone supplements is that effects the results.......

Pls ILs help me ....your any stories like this will help me support to stand.....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012

2. shaffrin

shaffrin New IL'ite

hai vl, Cheer up, Since u have not got periods, i think there is nothing to panic, wait for few days and check again.Good things comes to those who wait.

3. vldelhi

vldelhi Senior IL'ite

thanks shaffrin

But i was on progeterone so i think dosent it delay your periods even if you are not pregnant?? and can i get positive after negative is this possile ??

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi VL,
    Wait for two or more days, repeat the test. If its still negative, there are minimal chances of pregnancy since its after the IUI. Whether they have confirmed the ovulation by scan or blood test before? If so, within 14 days of Ovulation, implantation might have happened. Else, there are minimal chances!
    Sorry about the negative results dear!

5. vldelhi

vldelhi Senior IL'ite

Hi vasumathy

thanks for a reply they havent confirmed in either of the way just told that the ovulation will occur as my e2 levels was good on 12th day for one mature follicle ........as this cycle i have not takn any drugs and my follicle was naural ....just did a trigger shot should i continue the hope or not ....???

6. Vasumathy

From the hCG trigger shot, with in 36-48 hours follicles will release the ovary. Then within 14 days normal cycles should end. So, then you can do the hpt & confirm things. Calculate your days from the hCG shot & the 2WW period. If its still negative, check with a blood test & meet doc. That will enlighten you with accurate results.
    We can have our hopes high until its negative from blood test! There could be delayed implantation & so on!
    All the best dear! Baby dust to you.

7. vldelhi

vldelhi Senior IL'ite

Hi vasumathy

Thanx for the reply....I will not loose hope until i get my periods but i was on pregesterone tablets ..do they delay periods?? in how many days after stopping the tab i can get my periods....??

8. Vasumathy

Yes, Progesterone pills do delay the periods. It will take 7-10 days to get periods as the worst limit. I don't remember my history now! So, can't help with my exact days!
    All the best!

9. sabby

sabby New IL'ite

Hi VDelhi,

I am curious to know that what was your result of pregnancy. Did you get the positive result. My wife got her test negative after 14 DP IUI, though she hasn't got her period. We had this second IUI. Our first IUI was fail and she had got periods after 10 days. But this time 14 days are over and no periods. Please let me know your result, so that I can keep any hope. We had our IUI on 17th feb 2015. Please reply asap.

Thanks
    Sabby

10. sabby

sabby New IL'ite

Hi VDelhi,

I am curious to know that what was your result of pregnancy. Did you get the positive result. My wife got her test negative after 14 DP IUI, though she hasn't got her period. We had this second IUI. Our first IUI was fail and she had got periods after 10 days. But this time 14 days are over and no periods. Please let me know your result, so that I can keep any hope. We had our IUI on 17th feb 2015. Please reply asap.

Thanks
    Sabby