Follicle size on CD 11?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by SUBHAARCHIE, Nov 29, 2011.

1. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hi Indus ladies,

This is my first cycle on Clomid (100 mg days 3-7 and metformin). I have very mild PCOS. I went yesterday for my u/s (CD 11), and I had several follicles that were 6. 7, and 8 mm's in both the ovaries. And one more follicle of 16mm in my left ovary (but my doctor told me that ,the 16mm follicle was looking unhealthy...that we might not consider it...) I have to go in again on Friday(02-12-2011) for another u/s, has anyone experienced these little sized follicles and then had them grow for the next u/s? I am just feeling a little depressed because I thought that the metformin and clomid, were gonna do the trick.
    Is it normal to have smaller follicles on day 11 with PCOS? Or do you think I am just not responded to this dosage well enough? Also my doctor told me that she will never prescribe letroz (femara) at any cause...
    I have been reading all kinds of success stories about people on their frist round of clomid- Just wanted to know your opinions about these follicle sizes.... thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011

2. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Subha,

Due to PCOS, you might not ovulate not CD 14. You might ovulate on CD 16 or CD 18, even with Clomid.
    If thats the case, then a 8mm follicle on CD 11 is not bad news. By the time you reach CD 18, the follicle will have grown to the necessary size.

Check with your doctor on your next scan if this is the case.

I conceived through Clomid, on my 5th round (150 mg). My follicle size was 16 - 18 mm on CD 18.

3. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Subha
    Me too having the same problem..
    Having Clomid for 3 cycles.. My follicle size is 10mm.. My Gyne asked me to wait for 1 more month.. in my next cycle she ll give FSH injection..
    Lets hope for the best..

4. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hello sssmagic & chandrika,,

I went for CD 15 yesterday, and there was only one follicle measuring 17mm with endometrium thickness 6mm only...My doctor told me that i might ovulate before CD 18 or CD 19 and asked me to have normal IC everyday and asked me to come to doctor's office on CD19 to have a trans vaginal scan.
    Thats my update...donno whether my endometrium thickness will be 8mm by then or not and will i get get a mature follicle size by then...

By the way SSSMagic whats u'r update?

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Subha,
    With PCOS one might ovulate late. Its good that you got 17mm size of follicle! Just forget all the stuffs. Enjoy the stays. Have fun. Don't stress yourself. Eat healthy! Your body will do the rest! All the best!

Baby dust to all TTC ladies....

6. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Thank you...vasu...

I'm a real big fan of yours.I am regular reader of all the threads especially by you...i am goind to have a scan on DAY19 thats 06-12-2012(tomorrow)...But yesterday and day-before yesterday there was a lot of traveling for me and my Dh...Feeling very much tired...Have to go for scan tomorrow...Doono..what my Doctor is going to say...She told me that if this cycle is not fruitful,she will do HSG the next cycle.The doctor wants to check on my fallopian tubes if its blocked or not...

7. SSSMagic

SSSMagic Bronze IL'ite

Hi Subha
    i went for vaginal scan by 29th nov(16th day).. Am having 10.9mm folliculs..7mm endometrium.. She asked me to take Maintain tablet from 3rd dec.. and sustain tablet from my 2nd day(100g).. by 7th day she ll put FSH injection.. Lets hope for the best..

8. Chandrika82

Hi Subha,

That was a good follicle size. Hope for the best.
    Let us know how your scan post ovulation went.

Good luck!

9. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Hello chandrika and SSSMagic,

My CD 19 scan got postponed to CD 20 As my doctor is out of town today.
    And for me,there is no injectibles for me in this cycle.
    My doctor told me,the injectibles are not necessary in this cycle ans she wnats to wait and see till the next cycle probabaly.
    SSS Magic...a lots of baby dust to you.Thanks a lot chandrika...for your wishes...

Regards,
    Subha

10. Chandrika82

Subha,

Injectibles are not always given to every person. Many times, just with medication like Clomid if you are able to ovulate properly, then no need to go for injectibles. Even if after max. dosage of clomid (200 mg) you are not able to ovulate, then doc would go for injections.

Anyways, keeping fingers crossed. Let us know your scan results of CD 20.