Early ovulation

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Angeli132, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Angeli132

Angeli132 New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

I read symptoms of ovulation include pain in pelvic area. Based on this, I am concluding that I might b ovulating 1-2 days after my periods i.e. around Day 8-9 while am TTC mainly between Day 10-15.

Does early ovulation impact negatively on conception or pregnancy?

Thanks.
    Angeli

2. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Angeli - I only have theoretical knowledge on this. Basically our cycle is divided into 2 phases - follicular phase (before ovulation) and luteal phase (after ovulation). If the luteal phase is too short (i think less than 11 or 12 days), there maynot be enough time for the egg to properly implant into the uterus etc.

Again, i only have theoretical knowledge on this topic, so better check with your doctor regarding this.

3. oleenam

oleenam Junior IL'ite

Dear Angeli132

Pain doesn't always mean ovulation as it can happen way before and after ovulation has happend.If you have a feel that you are ovulating on CD9,start TTCing even before CD9 ..dont wait till CD10

Are you using ovulation kit or charting basal body temperatures to confirm ovulation?..if not try to start using those.No one can predict ovulation ovulation with symptoms.

Early ovulation means your cycle is shorter.I believe it wont affect your conception..Best Of Luck!

4. priyasakhi

priyasakhi New IL'ite

Hi Angel,

Pain is not the only indication of your ovulation there are several other factors like cervical mucus and BBT. So better you use an ovulation test to determine. Some ladies do not even get the pain and sometimes its too mild to even notice.

Good luck and lots of baby dust to you.

5. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Angeli,

Pelvic pain is not a good indicator of ovulation. Buy a Basal Body Thermometer and start tracking your BBT using an online software such as Fertility Friend.com. You can also keep an eye on your cervical mucus as egg white mucus (EWCM) is a sign that ovulation can happen in the next 1-2 days. If you have OPKs (Ovulation Prediction Kits) available where you live, it makes pinpointing the ovulation window much easier. Hope that helps.

You need to know what your average cycle length is and what you average luteal phase is (the time from ovulation to menstruation). This will help you find out whether you are ovulating early or not.

CJ

6. tuliplady

tuliplady Gold IL'ite

I am an early ovulator..I showed my LH surge on CD9..and I usually have egg white CM immediately after periods. There was no problem in conceiving. However, based on pain alone do not conclude that you are ovulating. Look for other definite signs such as cervical mucus, BBT etc. I never have these ovulation pains.