When can I take the home pregnancy Test?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by nancypaul, Sep 26, 2011.

1. nancypaul

nancypaul New IL'ite

Hi Pretty Ladies,

I am 3 days short of my periods cycle. My inner thoughts say that I am pregnant. When can i take the home plangency test? Shall I take it before my periods cycle itself to confirm? Will it be a right way to do or should I wait till my period cycle come and I miss my periods for 2-3 days?

Thanks in advance!

2. sumathegreat

sumathegreat Silver IL'ite

Dear nancy only period cycle itself may not confirm preganacy may yes it is one of the reasons for pregancy confirmation. U can do home pregnancy test after 5 days of your missed period date. I am not an expert but i did home pregnancy test on 7th day after my missed period. It gave a correct result.

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I agree. Wait for 5-7 days from the day of your missed period before taking a test.

4. nancypaul

nancypaul New IL'ite

5. swapna84

swapna84 New IL'ite

2 weeks after ovulation

6. Visasri

Visasri Platinum IL'ite

Hi Nancy,
    There are kits for detecting pregnancy very early. You can order them online and try out. I understand your anxiety however these kits may reach u after ur cycle only.

7. priyasakhi

priyasakhi New IL'ite

Hi Nancy,

I know how exactly it feels just a week before your periods when you start observing for slightest signs of pregnancy as I'm in the same boat. One thing what I understood is that this increases your stress level and can harm the pregnancy so be positive and keep yourself occupied. It is better to take the test on day 35 or even at 4 days after your missed period. Since sometimes it takes a while for the hCG levels to show up on your urine. Even if you get a negative and still don't get your period, its still not worth giving up since it only means that the hCG level is still not enough for the test to catch it. Just wait for 2-3 days and re-test / even better take a blood test at that time.

Hope we get good news soon ! Good luck

8. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I tested before my period itself n I got a positive but the lines were very light pink... Even if u test now n ur pregnant, u will definitely get a very faint line... But if u test 5 days after ur actual period date, then u will immediately see a bright pink line, if ur pregnant... So, its upto u to wait or not... Wish u good luck... Tc...

9. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Did you know..!! How the home pregnancy test works? It detects a hormone called Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in your urine that appears in a pregnant woman's urine, approximately 20 days after her last menstrual period. The levels then rise rapidly, reaching a peak in the next 60 to 80 days.

When did you get your pregnancy test done, after the mis-period or before the mis-period?