Duphaston tabs...

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Unkown, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

hi friends,
    I have been recently diagnosed with PCOD and cyst in my right and left ovaries. Until now my periods were regular and had mild cramping for the first two days of my periods. I am 31yrs old and the last time i had my periods were on 18th July 2011. I went to the doctor last week and the blood test and urine test came negative for pregnancy. After that the doc advised me for a scan in which i was diagnosed with PCOD and Cyst. Now the doctor has prescribed duphaston for the next week, and has asked me to come after 10days. Am really worried. Has anyone ever faced this type of problem?

2. njsa

njsa Senior IL'ite

i also had my period july 18th only.i also hav cyst.its like im reading my own post. :)
    dr prescribed dulphaston 2 times for 5 days and im having my period today.
    i think she gave u that tabl to get ur period.ladies do conceive with pcod.i conceived two times but miscarried.so it wil happen for u as well.

3. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

njsa is right. Duphaston is given to induce your period. You would most probably be taking 1 or 2 tablets for 5 days in a row. Within 4 days of stopping the medication, you will get your period.

You've said that you are 31, not sure if you are trying for pregnancy or already have a kid. If you're not trying actively to conceive the doctor would only try to regularize your periods as much as possible. If you are TTC, then doc would try to make you ovulate, do follicle stufy etc. Hope this helps.

4. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

thanks njsa and chandrika for your replies, i have got my periods on the 9th day of taking duphaston. Now on the third day the doctor has suggested me to go for a blood test. I am assuming it is for checking my FSH levels. Hope this is the right step next to take. I read somewhere that duphaston increases the harmone levels in the body. So will it not affect my test results now? Any replies any one of you??

5. Chandrika82

I dont think so, 'Unknown' :)
    I have gone for the same 3rd day bloodtest (for me, it was 2nd day), and being on duphaston in my last cycle.
    Havent heard anything about it affecting the test results.

Good luck to you.

6. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

so today i went to my gyn, she looked into my reports and suggected that i first take care of my irregular periods, for which she has prescribed yasmin tablets for the next 3 months to regularise my cycle. So I was a bit skepticle to use birth control pills considering that i am planning to concieve, I consulted another gyn (my family doc) and she said that i should go for another trans vaginal scan to see the presence of cysts ( usually cysts disappear with as the periods go by) incase the cyst remans then she would try and shrink the cyst and if the cyst does nt exist then she will check my harmone levels on the second day of my next cycle. Now im totally confused as to which method to follow... can some one please suggest...

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI Unknown,
    Give it a try with second one. But what is the method the second doc will use to shrink the cysts? It that seems promising, then go ahead. These days BCPs are prescribed pretty common for cysts in between the TTC medicated cycles... Hope that is not hindering the on going TTC process!
    All the best.
    Baby dust to you.

8. Unkown

Unkown New IL'ite

I had another scan over the weekend (post mensturation) and it showed that both my ovaries have PCOS and my doc suggested that I try to concive naturally over this month and if my periods donot happen this month, again its the usual urine preg test and duphaston tablets, but this time on the second day of my periods they will conduct a harmonal blood test. The test results will tell me the further course of action. Can anyone share if they have been through these steps and what the outcome was. Would love to hear..

9. Chandrika82

I had PCOD in my right ovary. Though my left ovary was fine, I was not ovulating.
    I went through the same hormone blood tests on day 2 of my period. After that, i was still asked to try to conceive naturally for 6 months. When that did not happen, I underwent Clomid treatment (tablets only).
    I conceived on the 5th month of being on clomid at 150 mg.